Runtime error crashes rFactor

Blaktop

I am having a problem where rFactor crashes from a race with a runtime error. It never happens when I am hotlapping, only in race and appears to happen only in races running a time duration rather than a set number of laps. My last two league races rF has locked up, once when the "1 minute to go" message came up and once when the "10 minutes to go" popped up. I didn't see the messages but other drivers have told me I disappeared when the messages came up.

Anyone got any ideas. The only plugin I run is Real Feel (one guy said he had the issue a while back and traced it to one of the spotter pluging). System is Asus P5Q/Q9550/4gb RAM/ATI 4890 running Win 7 64 bit.

Cheers.

One way to eliminate the possibility that it is due to a plugin or mod is the test online/race weekend etc with a clean install of rfactor. You can do this by creating a clean install into a new folder (e.g. "rfactor clean"). Then troubleshoot the issue from there.

How many cars did you run in the race? In my experience rF produces runtime errors with cars more than 60. With previous versions of rFactor I didn't get this issue, I believe this issue came with 1150. In the time before I had the possibility to run over 100 Ai's on the track without a runtime error, there were only issues with Vram, missing textures and so on. Now even with a clean installation of rFactor it's not possible to run 100 AI's without a runtime error.

There were 17 cars last week and 19 cars this week. I've never run with more than 35 cars in a server (I never race offline, only hotlap by myself). I have multiple installs of rFactor including a clean install. Testing offline won't replicate the problem as it only seems to happen in a timed race when the message pops up saying how long there is to go. It doesn't happen every time either. I have completed 5 out of 8 rounds in this series with no problems and have never crashed at the "30 minutes remaining" message. Offline I can run for hours although I must admit I haven't run a timed race with AI offline. I'll try that and get back to you. I've also just done a full system reinstall so that may cure it as well.....the old one was getting quite bloated.

Cheers Max, my problem doesn't seem to be FPS related. My system consistently runs around 250fps. I'm currently using (another) fresh install and it seems stable however I haven't done any online timed races.

I've downloaded it a few weeks back but reports of people having problems after installing it have stopped me from installing it. I have Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Q9550@3.4Ghz, 4gb RAM and an ATI 4890

Maybe those people didnt have the requirements (x64 os, 4 gb ram).
Well, only thing i can say is, it worked for me.

Back