Scoreboard Help

sstan19

Hello,

I'm using Bob's Track Builder and was wondering if there is a way to put in a working scoreboard? I copied the .tga files and the text from the .gbd file from a track that has a working scoreboard to no avail. Obviously that's a crude way to do it and none-the-less, it didn't work. First off, is it even possible to get a scoreboard working in a BTB track? Second, if it is possible, could someone please guide me on how to accomplish that?

Thank you very much,

sstan19

PS: I'm an absolute rookie at this and have absolutely no clue what I'm doing in respect to a scoreboard.

Last edited:
I don't know how BTB works, but you need an object as scoretower, of course.
And it has to be mapped in a senseful way.
And this object has to use the background-texture that is given in the gdb file, as texture for the scoretower.
And also the name of the material has to match the texturename.

E.g. if the gdb backgroundtexture is called "SCORETOWERBKG.tga" (example is from Concorde Oval), the materialname of the scoretower part, that shall show the scoring, has to be " SCORETOWERBKG" AND, and this is very important, the material has to be tagged as "Render Target" in it's material properties.

And you also need the Font texture that is also given in the gdb file.

Cheers, redapg. Sounds like this is way beyond my knowledge. Thanks for the help anyway. It's very much appreciated. Potentially a stupid question, but how would I tag it as a render target? Can you do it in a text document or is 3dsimed or a similar program necessary?

Last edited:
As said before, i don't know how BTB works, but i guess it will have a possibility to create materials, set the properties of materials and things like that. Something like an material editor, because without that, the whole thing wouldn't work properly, i suppose.
And in these material settings, there should be a checkbox or something like that, were you can check the option "Render Target".

In 3DSMax and 3DSimEd, and i guess in Blender too, you have this possibility.
I'm pretty sure you have it in BTB also.

Back