Scoretower Issues

machine

I've been trying to get my scoretower working but whatever I try it just will not work. When I copy a working tower into my track it fails. I've tried with 2 different tracks I am working on also.

Here's what I've used.

in the gdb file
ScoreboardFont=scorefonts.tga // default is scoreboardfont.bmp
ScoreboardBackground=scoretowerbkg.tga // default is scoreboardbkg.bmp
ScoreboardMaxEntries=8 // how many car numbers can be displayed on tower (default is 32)
ScoreboardStartX=27 // x-position in texture to write first car number (default is 0)
ScoreboardStartY=7.5 // y-position in texture to write first car number (default is 10)
ScoreboardIncX=0 // increment in x-position for each new car number (default is 0)
ScoreboardIncY=55 // increment in y-position for each new car number (default is 16)
ScoreboardScaleX=2.2 // scale multiplier for x (default is 1.0)
ScoreboardScaleY=1.7 // scale multiplier for y (default is 1.0)

I've tried scorefont.tga (def) scorefonts and various others - matching up to existing file. I've tried default tga file, a dds, and recolored it also just incase it wasn't out of position.

scn file:
Instance=hsscoretower
{
MeshFile=hsscoretower.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True
}
and many other names matching the GMT.

GMT contents:
tga & dds's that match gdb in various combinations
material name of this texture in various formats.

Funny thing is, I have a track that it works in and the scorefont.tga does not exist in any of the folders or MAS's referred to in the SCN. There is however a scorefont.DDS

I have also tried upper and lower case.

Been looking for a tutorial or help but all I can find is the list of what is required in the GDB file. No explanations anywhere.

I've been working on a Martinsville track. Could not get it to work. I had a look at FMS's track and copied the relevent scoretower bits from there (track seems to originate from NSR) but it just wont work in my track. (using all above combinations and more)

Any help would be appreciated.

Garry

Perhaps a silly question, but did you remember to set up the scoreboard face's material as a render target?

Then of course you'll need to make sure the size and positions of the numbers will match your object. If your target is a different size than the one whose values you're copying, you'll need to adjust them.

When you make these changes to the GDB, you have to completely exit rFactor and re-start it. Simply exiting the track and re-loading will not work, as rFactor loads all GDBs when it starts.

Remember also that the scoreboard will only function when you're driving. So start up your car then check the scoreboard while you're idling. It will not function in replays or as AI drive around without you having started driving yourself.

Also make sure you have no other visible facings immediately behind the render target, or you're likely to have Z-bias clipping issues covering up your numbers.

The font shouldn't be an issue if you're using the default font that's a common rFactor file (and rFactor automatically loads a DDS if present even if the object is set up to load a TGA). Of course, your target's material must be using "scoretowerbkg.tga" for its texture if that's what you have in the GDB on the ScoreboardBackground line.

Back