Screen Shaking when I shift Gears

DanF

Just reactivated my rFactor 1 after about 8 months. Last Time that I used it ,prior to reactivation, all was good. Now when I pull out of the garage and upshift, the screen starts to shake. It does this for several seconds then stops. If I downshift, the same thing happens. It happens only when the car is actually moving. In the garage, or if I come to a stop, I can upshift/downshift through the gears and there is no shake.

The shaking is so visually disturbing that it is impossible to drive the car, even though the rest of the controls seem to work just fine.

What did I screw up ?

When I reactivated I made a clean installation. I put the program in "Programs (x86)". Then I moved all my mods over from the old folder and deleted that one.

I'm running Vista Home Premium 64, and an Nvidia 8600GT .

Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds a bit funny.
Is it happening too when you make a complete fresh install and use one of the original cars?

Check these two multiplier values in your PLR file:

Cockpit Vibration Mult1="1.00000" // Primary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq1="31.00000" // Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)
Cockpit Vibration Mult2="1.00000" // Secondary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq2="37.00000" // Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation

Set them to 0.0 from 1.0 to stop the shake. There may be a setting in-game to help with this as well.

Check these two multiplier values in your PLR file:

Cockpit Vibration Mult1="1.00000" // Primary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq1="31.00000" // Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)
Cockpit Vibration Mult2="1.00000" // Secondary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq2="37.00000" // Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation

Set them to 0.0 from 1.0 to stop the shake. There may be a setting in-game to help with this as well.

Well I have just done a fresh install also and this is now happening to me. My PLR values are exactly as you suggested above. Any other ideas? This is very annoying when it happens while I'm trying to race! :(

Still strange.

Did you try to run rFactor as Administrator?

Can you give some more information?
Which controler do you use?
How many Controlers do you have connected to your machine?
Is it happening with all cars on all tracks?
If not, post a link of the mod/track where it happens.

Back