Sequential shifter (skipping gears)

GTFREAK

Is there a way to solve this issue? I just bought a new TSW sequential shifter and when I shift gears in rFactor I am double shifting. Sometimes I'm skipping 2 gears. Is there some way to solve this? It's driving me nuts.

Try opening the plr file and editing the line

Repeat Shifts="0" // 0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed

setting the value which fixes your issue.

Still, it is weird that brand new shifter (which also is not nothing like "el cheapo"!) is doing such things. Maybe you should contact with the maker first and solve that issue in its roots?

Try opening the plr file and editing the line

Repeat Shifts="0" // 0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed

setting the value which fixes your issue.

Thanks for that info, I'll try that.

Still, it is weird that brand new shifter (which also is not nothing like "el cheapo"!) is doing such things. Maybe you should contact with the maker first and solve that issue in its roots?

i have a frex sequential shifter that works flawlessly in iracing.
it never double shifts.

in rfactor 2, when i use the paddles in my wheel, it never double
shifts, but the frex shifter skips a gear sometimes (very often).

tried the setting suggested above, but doesn't make it go away.

ps.: my shifter is the 3rd controller, maybe that's related to the
problem here.

Last edited:
Setting the PLR file to option 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed fixes this issues for me in both rFactors. Just FYI.

Back