server is not recieving updates

kokpit

View attachment 1597Hi,
Im new i have just recently up graded my servers and reloaded my dedicated servers,

And now i get players getting removed from server and the message on my server says server is not reciveing updates from client

Also before they are remove it says lost connection in game

Any ideas would be appreciated

thanks

Last edited:

Hi ive added image to first post any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Bad connections i say. Its probably packetloss more then anything, the server seems to have trouble keeping up with clients.

Have you tried increasing/decreasing the servers upload and download speeds?

Also your server had been live for 135 days? in a row?
Maybe a reboot of the server will do the track as well. Good practise to keep things fresh i think.

The server message is:

server is not receiving updates from client

I have added this to help others looking for help on google because at the moment a search for the above returns a massive amount of chat logs from rFactorHotlaps and similar utilities.

I noticed that at the time that people are dropped the dedicated server time starts progressing ridiculously fast, about an hour a second. This would explain the message that the server is not receiving updates from clients, because although they are sending updates, it is not quick enough for the server that is running 3600 times real time. IE The server believes 200ms has passed but in real time it is only 200ms/3600.

This problem is described as an issue with certain dual core processors and older Windows operating systems when combined with the +fullproc switch in the rFactor Dedicated server. We were using Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with the +fullproc switch and having the above message happen at random times.

Fix 1 = add a /usepmtimer switch to boot.ini. Unfortunately Server 2008 no longer has a Boot.ini and the BCD system that it uses doesn't appear to recognise the usepmtimer command.

Fix 2 = Don't use the +fullproc switch. This is the method we are testing at the moment.

As the problem seems to happen intermittently there really is no way to prove that either of these fixes works apart from running the server over time and seeing if it happens again. Will report findings after a reasonable period of time... real time, not x 3600.

Cheers all

Last edited:
seems that not using +fullproc doesn't help either :(

also in server 2008 r2 BCDedit allows the /useplatformclock instead of the /usepmtimer switch. But... that doesn't help either.

back to the pits for us :(

oh yeah btw its not the physical dedicated server time that speeds up, only the "running" time for the rf dedicated server. Lap times etc are normal. The windows clock on the desktop is normal. the only visible sign that this is whats happening is the time the server has been running shown in the rf dedicated server window.

Hence why it says in the image above that the server has been running for 135 days when in fact it was only up for a few hours.

2 x Xeon 5130 (Dual-Core 2GHz) = 4 x 2Ghz
8Gb RAM
2 x 750Gb HDD in RAID1
100Mbps 1:1 CIR

came across this because i was having exact same message running 2 dedicated server games on an older xp machine i have...removed the +fullproc from the the target line and boom...both games runnnig now. so that is was my way of taking care of the prob listed here. Thanks for posting this btw..i was gonig nuts trying to figure it out..lol

Back