Should i buy Rfactor ? (played Pcars)

ZanicL3

Hi everybody,

Just a simple question, why should i buy Rfactor 1? I've played Project Cars for a long time; but they keep taking time on working and the feel of the cars are bad (looks like shift2 :( ).

mmh, just some other questions:

- Multiplayer still very active? ( I am mostly a morning gamer, so are there some lobbys open in the morning)
- How many cars?
- Feeling of the cars?
- Does it rides well with a xbox 360 controller (My g27 is currently broken)
- Some cool modes/mods? (I've seen hillclimb, drifing,...)

Check out the goodies: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/

many car/mods/tracks/addons, more then you ever will be able to use.

MP is still active but not sure if its up to standards, the more serious servers are league servers and remain passworded.

Feeling of the cars depend on the mods you use and your experience in setting cars up, some are excellent, others mediocre etc.

There are drivers whom can get away with an xbox controller, some are even very fast and stable. but it requires loads of practise, a different approach and you having to investigate what the best settings are for a controller.

in terms of cool stuff, rfactor has just about most racing formats.

But, rfactor is becoming a bit dated. it will be used for many years to come I reckon but will decrease in support and userbase.
If you gonna pay for a new sim, why not rfactor2?

Check out the goodies: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/

many car/mods/tracks/addons, more then you ever will be able to use.

MP is still active but not sure if its up to standards, the more serious servers are league servers and remain passworded.

Feeling of the cars depend on the mods you use and your experience in setting cars up, some are excellent, others mediocre etc.

There are drivers whom can get away with an xbox controller, some are even very fast and stable. but it requires loads of practise, a different approach and you having to investigate what the best settings are for a controller.

in terms of cool stuff, rfactor has just about most racing formats.

But, rfactor is becoming a bit dated. it will be used for many years to come I reckon but will decrease in support and userbase.
If you gonna pay for a new sim, why not rfactor2?

Because rFactor 2 isnt that cheap éh ;s

True :)

Install rfactor then, when not payed for yet, the sim is in demo mode so you can see if it suits your needs/demands

It's the same as if you would ask which girl you should marry.
A blond or a brunette one.

Nobody can answer this for you.

Such decisions depend on what you prefer and everybody prefers other things ;).

So try out the different games and make your own decision :).

RFactor 1, but I have fun with the race 07 series too, but just 1 I'd pick RFactor 1

I'd still choose RF1 even if you just wanna drive.

I'd choose Race 07 if you are new to sims or general pc gaming though, because of the less tinkering.

I've just bought rF1 (rF2 was too much for my laptop) and am very happy with it. You can try both versions for free before buying. I experimented with a controller and although it works, a wheel of some sort is much better of course. I'm using an SRW-S1 which works really well and isn't expensive.

Pleased enough with rF1 to consider buying a dedicated PC to run rF2 on.

Back