show tyres only in cockpit view

dhct

Hi,

I want to set up my copy of rfactor so you can only see the tyres in the cockpit view like in this screenshot:

46927_150677374953778_135691059785743_344628_5140816_n.jpg

Does anyone know how this is possible?

Thanks

I spent a few hours going through the user.plr and multiplayer.ini and I did see something that if activated would NOT render the tires when in cockpit. I didn't notice the reverse. I believe whats going on in that picture is just normal cockpit view with the cockpit textures all missing.

Well, just delete all cockpit section from main gen file and make sure that in cockpitinfo you have:
FrontWheelsInCockpit=1

Well, just delete all cockpit section from main gen file and make sure that in cockpitinfo you have:
FrontWheelsInCockpit=1

Are you sure this entry actually still works? I thought we stopped using that after F1CS and it was just a leftover unused entry. :/

i would think they just moved the cam view as far forward as the could to get that view.

@lordpantsington huh. I'll have to update my rF1 documents now as I had it marked as "unused".

Yeah, I found that this past weekend when trying to figure out what detachable objects are actually viewed in the cockpit, which lead to my wishlist post. :D

There is an entry in the PLR file:
Wheels Visible In Cockpit="1" // Suggestion: add FrontWheelsInCockpit=? to the individual VEH files instead

As well as an entry in the Cockpitinfo.inf:
FrontWheelsInCockpit=1 // change to 0

Both need to be set to 1 (On) to see wheels in the cockpit.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I am still having problems with doing this despite your info. Would you please explain step by step how to do this for F1RFT 2012 mod if possible?

Thanks so much!

Back