SimVibe crashes with rfactor2! Help

GTClub_wajdi

Hi guys, I was running SimVibe with rfactor 2 from 2-3 weeks and I have to say that it's awesome software, but I have one big issues with it:
when I launch the Sim-Commander, the software doesn't recognise immediatly the audio-card that I had assigned to sim-vibe (C-media PCI audio device 5.1)! I have to launch the software several times, some times it takes 3-5 min' to make the Sim-commander recognise the audio-card!
Some times, mostly when I play online, it crashes and freezes rfactor 2 !
This simvibe crash issues has increased a lot after the last build 218! it freezes after 2-3 minutes I log online and it stops to work!
I have tried several times to disinstall simvibe and reinstall it, but this hasn't resolved anything!
I have contacted SimXperience and they told me to update the audio card driver, but I had already updated !
Now, I want to ask you if someone else here has this types of issues with simvibe or I'm the only one to have this issues!
Thanks!

Hi guys, I was running SimVibe with rfactor 2 from 2-3 weeks and I have to say that it's awesome software, but I have one big issues with it:
when I launch the Sim-Commander, the software doesn't recognise immediatly the audio-card that I had assigned to sim-vibe (C-media PCI audio device 5.1)! I have to launch the software several times, some times it takes 3-5 min' to make the Sim-commander recognise the audio-card!
Some times, mostly when I play online, it crashes and freezes rfactor 2 !
This simvibe crash issues has increased a lot after the last build 218! it freezes after 2-3 minutes I log online and it stops to work!
I have tried several times to disinstall simvibe and reinstall it, but this hasn't resolved anything!
I have contacted SimXperience and they told me to update the audio card driver, but I had already updated !
Now, I want to ask you if someone else here has this types of issues with simvibe or I'm the only one to have this issues!
Thanks!

Not sure on your issue mate but since build 218 my Simvibe crashes with rF2 :(

Not sure on your issue mate but since build 218 my Simvibe crashes with rF2 :(

It's really strange! when I start rf2 and I log into some online server, it always crashes, then I restart it and it doesn't crash anymore! so it crashes only when I launch rf2 for one time!
Do you notice any fps drop with SimVibe? also, some times, my rfactor 2 freezes for 1-2 sec'!
I think that SimXperince needs to update Simvibe rfactor2 plugin!

So glad I read this as my simvibe has been doing the same in RF2 and have suspected sound card and my amp. Hopefully SimXperience looks at this and solve the problem.

Guys, I tested again yesterday and all is fine for me with Simvibe and rF2 Build 218. The fact I installed the Lite version of 218 on top of my previous installation, without uninstalling anything possibly explain this...

GTClub_wajdi you seems to have 2 different issues here: First, the Audio card not recognized each time, and second the crash with rF2. The second can be explained as the pluggin management have changed in rF2 as explained by Tim, and even if I didn't experimented it (yet), several persons seems to have it.

About the first problem: (rF2 is not involved here AFAIK) did you try to swap between the Audio card you use for Simvibe and the Audio card you use for game sounds to see what happen? It's easy as you just have to say to Windows which one you wanna use as default for Audio, and to assign the other one to Simvibe. It's just for testing purpose and if you don't want to use this configuration (swapped Audio card) another solution should be found (obvious I know).

I use the onboard Realtek HD Audi with Simvibe (so plugged to the front speaker output) and an XTreme X'FI Gamer for Audio (as it's far away better than the Realtek one). I didn't meet this problem...

I don't know if that could help, anyway here a screenshot of my pluggin directory with the Simvibe dll properties:
View attachment 7990

Last edited:
How you getting on with it mate?
I think I've found that SV crashes if I'm running x-sim motion then launch rF2 and then SV. Last night I tried SV without x-sim and it was fine which suggests it maybe an API issue.
I'll do some more testing tonight, I put a message on SimXperience's Q&A but it sounds like Berney is on his period as he was a little grumpy :rolleyes:

I have made a lot of tests and I now I got, why it was crashing !
If I launch rf2 from the desktop and then I launch Simvibe while rf2 is already running, in that case it crashes! but If I launch for first Simvibe and then launch rf2 through SimCommander, then it doesn't crashes anymore !
So in your case, run for first x-sim, then Simvibe and for last launch rf2 through Simvibe(simcommander)!
Let's me know if it works!
Cheers!

Good catch GTClub_wajdi :) I always launch first SimCommander and go in its settings menu to set the amplifier volume, before lauching rF2 through SimCommander main display icons. So that explain why I never had any crash. Good to know! :)

Perhaps it was possible to go the other way with previous rF2 build, and now not any more as something change in pluggins management...

I have made a lot of tests and I now I got, why it was crashing !
If I launch rf2 from the desktop and then I launch Simvibe while rf2 is already running, in that case it crashes! but If I launch for first Simvibe and then launch rf2 through SimCommander, then it doesn't crashes anymore !
So in your case, run for first x-sim, then Simvibe and for last launch rf2 through Simvibe(simcommander)!
Let's me know if it works!
Cheers!

I'll have a look tonight mate ..thanks.

Back