skin painting

Fritzy

If I paint a car for a mod it has to be submitted in .dds form. Can I use paintshop pro X7 to paint it? I tried photoshop plug ins & had no luck, maybe psp x7 isn't compatible with photoshop plug ins?
?

You can use PSP7 but you may need to find an older version of the nvidia DDS plug-in. Use google and find one for PSP7. Ver 7.83 and 8.23 will work. Not all dds.8bi versions will work with all versions of PSP.

Thx for help.....I've installed both versions & they show up in plug ins folder, but still nothing

You should see this at the top left when you open PSP7, Effects/plugins/nvidia tools/ normal map filter.
Now try this: Open a file then, File/save as/select dds from the drop down list and name the dds/select location to be saved and you should see the final save option.

Last edited:
You can only have one DDS plugin available to use in PSP (as far as I know). The normal map filter is not a DDS plugin. I have never been able to use the nvidia normal map in PSP. It is possible that different versions can work. The plugin will work when you save as a DDS file. You do not need to convert your image or flatten it. The DDS plugin will save your PSP or PSPImage file as a DDS file. Normal maps are a different issue and I don't think you are looking for that.

Here is my install path for PSP X12. C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2\Plugins. You will have a JASC folder instead of Corel.

Back