Some tracks cause erratic movement of steered wheels

Chronus

Greetings all.

I have stumbled on an odd issue with some cars converted to GSC 2012.

(Tim W., I am aware this is not a Reiza's forum, but given how the baseline product (isiMOTOR2 v1.2xx) was/has been developed, maybe the similarities across versions and redevelopment work allow for a common resolution of the issue.)

The problem happens with some tracks converted from rF (for private use), and oddly enough, it does not happen every time these tracks are loaded (with or without HAT rebuild). Examples would be Hockenheim, Laguna Seca or Oschersleben.

The problem: AI cars (all of them), in some places, lose speed and often control due to the front wheels moving left and right (past lock) as if no longer bound by the steering arm. That's how it looks when viewed side-by-side or from a tracking camera position.

Inside the cockpit, the steering-wheel moves almost instantly from past left lock to right lock.

It is as if the AIW points are telling the AI to move in completely opposite directions AT THE SAME TIME.

As I said, it only happens at some locations in these tracks and does not happen every time they are loaded. I tried to fix the problem by having the HAT rebuilt every time, but to no avail.

The tracks work flawlessly in rFactor (very good AIW's) and sometimes flawlessly also in GSC (2012) - and yes, with the same cars (ported from one sim to the other or default/vanilla ones). Thus far, I have only seen this happening with (some) modded tracks, not default developer's content.

Comparisons between scn/gdb/aiw files from rF1 and GSC2012 after conversion reveal NO DIFFERENCES - hence no anomalies.

I recall someone, years ago (Goresh? NeelJ?) encountered a similar problem with GTR2 and rFactor, but sadly I can't find the thread and the problem resolution.

Maybe someone can help out with some ideas?

I'll appreciate it, fellas.

Cheers
PS: the encryption used by the dev seems not to be the culprit here, as often enough these tracks offer ZERO problems upon loading.

Back