Speed sensitivity settings, more or less?

vernut

In some mods the cars are dancing around on the straights at low and high speeds and are difficult to control.

To gain more stability would I increase or decrease the Speed Sensitivity?

Last edited:
Increase... Increasing Speed Sensitivity will decrease your steering lock at higher speeds.

You could increase that to make it more stable but it is very unrealistic. If you have a high enough rotation on your wheel 400+ degrees you can/should set it to 0. Not knowing how much the wheel is going to turn at speed can be a real issue but not as much as needing it to turn and it simply not being able to because of that setting.

It is really only for keyboard and gamepad drivers or if you have a 270 wheel.

You could increase that to make it more stable but it is very unrealistic. If you have a high enough rotation on your wheel 400+ degrees you can/should set it to 0. Not knowing how much the wheel is going to turn at speed can be a real issue but not as much as needing it to turn and it simply not being able to because of that setting.

It is really only for keyboard and gamepad drivers or if you have a 270 wheel.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a 270 wheel instead of a 900? I am guessing the 900 might be more realistic in steering wheel movement but pretty much limited to a 270.

Yes in a real production cars 900 is standard. However race cars are less, around 540. I use 720 and turn the steering lock up in the car itself so that when racing I use only around 400 while driving with the added ability to use the rest up to 720 if need be. Having a higher physical lock will also allow more precise controls when only using 10-15 degrees of movement on straits or slight bends.

I started a thread here discussing the many settings. https://community.racesimcentral.net/showthread.php/272-Steering-Lock-and-Wheel-Rotation-Survey

Back