Speedlink Drift O.Z. not recognized by game

StotheN

Hello guys,

please help me with this.

rFactor (more precisely RFT 2012 mod, if this matters) does not take any input by my Speedlink Drift O.Z. wheel.
It is accepted by Win 7, I can test pushing the gas and brake pedal and see the input at the two bars.

Could this have anything to do with the simultaneous use of the Thrustmaster T500RS? I use the T500RS wheel and the Drift O.Z. pedals, because I do not have enough space for the TM pedals.

Is there anything special you have to do to play rFactor with two different inputs (three, actually, as I use the keyboard as well)?

Thank you so much!
StotheN

Come on guys, please. I need this really bad. Does nobody have a clue? I am happy about every little bit of advice.

Last edited:
I wish I could help mate,

All I can come up with is, others don't seem to have issues with different hardware combo's, so it should be working. (i.e no problem having different pedals)

I would prolly be testing them separately first, so you know that they both actually work independently. (so if the wheel don't work at all without the other pedal that's an indication already.
Also did you try with the default pedals? just to test? if that don't works either then you might have to check drivers for the wheel and possibly update it. the default setup should at least work imo, otherwise you're chasing ducks.

Then I would try to experiment with different settings in rf, for example my preset in rf/settings/controls is az keyboard. don't ask why, its been long ago, but this one was working for me back then so I kept it for years.

And in terms of assigning keys to wheel/pedals, its just input that rf detects so imo its not some complicated issue but merely figuring out how to get rf detect the hardware.
But people often assume when assigning keys in control it doesn't work, whilst it does, but they are simply not doing it right. (pressing escape instead of enter for example)

3 controllers (wheel/pedal/keyboard) is not a problem, but make sure there isn't a 4th, like an additional gearshifter or perhaps a tablet you forgot to unplug, that might mess things up.

So all in all, simple deduction is what I can offer hehe, start with the basics, checksum, work your way down.

good luck.

edit: separate axis in windows! not sure if it is effecting anything but in windows wheel-setup you can choose between separate or combined axis. it could be the combined-option is causing confusion.

Back