Startup crash since installing mods and increasing resolution.

xiembeest

Hello everyone,

I have been playing rfactor for years without mods. Since 2 weeks I've started downloading mods. I started with some tracks, then a car and then packs that contain multiple cars and new series. I've also increased the resolution.

Then, after installing the Hot Hatch mod, everything went wrong: When I try to start the game there is about a 80/20 chance it crashes after I skipped the trailer. The car I last used shows up and freezes. It's no longer possible to open task manger or anything and I have to shut down the computer by pressing the power button of the pc a couple of seconds.

As I said I have been playing rfactor for years at a lower resolution. I then downloaded mods and they worked fine. When I increased the resolution it all changed and the game crashes. Now comes the weird part: I deleted all mods from my computer and deleted rfactor. I then downloaded the latest version and installed the f430 mod and put the resolution to the max on 16bit colours. I then installed the Hot Hatch mod and then it crashed when I try to start the game as I described earlier. Then, I deleted all the mods. Still crashed. Lowered the resolution, still crashed. Deleted the whole game (again) and reinstalled it. Same result, it still crashed 80% of the cases when I start the game.

I have no idea how get it running again. I hope it's something simple so I get back in the game soon. Do any of you guys have a solution for this?

Thnx in advance!
xiembeest

Back