Still racing!

Keeper

May be getting old (less of the "getting" really), but I'm still putting in laps now and again. Here I am leading the SR4L season opener last Sunday. Ultimately finished second, less than 2 seconds off the leader. Great race. Repping the GPLEA, of course.

gplea70f1.jpg

That's awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying it, especially something historic. :)

Where is the GPLEA officially hosted these days? I see the mods hosted everywhere.

Nowhere as far as I know. It's all kind of melded into the simracing community as a whole. The standard GPL installation these days seems to have the GPLEA carset in it. Some tracks have been converted into modern platforms and updated to modern standards in the process, e.g. Crystal Palace and Goodwood, and even the car models get rehashed (there's a "Legends" mod in rFactor 2 that was made from the GPLEA models, low-poly though they are).

The biggest shame is that the hilarious page detailing the history of the Pantsring is no longer online...

Hm, going to see if I have any backup just to get the site online so it's there for the sake of archiving.

@Keeper I found my GPLEA backup and it includes the full Pantsring history page and images. I'm trying to find some missing images from the pages then will probably create a gplea subdomain and put the site back up for posterity.

Back