Strange fps drop

TassyDevil

I am experiencing some strange issue with FPS dropping when Qualifying in rFactor.

I have examples underneath of tests done to show what my problem is.
Hoping someone may have come across the same issue.

Examples....
Testing mode, no AI, at Adelaide & Pukekohe Park Tracks

Sitting in garage 370+
In pit lane 350+

Testing mode, 10 AI, at Adelaide & Pukekohe Park Tracks

Sitting in garage 330-370
In pit lane 250+

Race Weekend, no AI, at Adelaide & Pukekohe Park Tracks

Qualifying-
Sitting in garage 350-370+
In pit lane 150+

Race Weekend, 10 AI, at Adelaide & Pukekohe Park Tracks
Qualifying-
Sitting in garage 280-310+
In pit lane 33+ (this is ridiculous one )
FPS stays low all during qualifying in this mode

Racing-
At back of grid, 10 AI, 160-195
Traffic gone (still sitting on grid) 260-290

Really strange because in amongst traffic I don’t suffer any real drop of fps.

Some specs of my PC
CPU i7-2600 3.4Ghz Quad
Geforce GTX 560Ti Drivers 285.62
16Gb Ram
HDD 1x120G SSD
HDD 1x 2TB
Mobo Gigabyte Z68 XP-UD3
PSU 750w
I don’t feel there should be any holdup with these specs so it is a mystery.

I have done screenshots of all modes so if needed I can send these.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused::confused:
Dennis

Yikes! Yeah with those specs you should never be running 33fps. There are a few things you can try that may help but you may already be doing these things. First off, there is no need to run anything over 120FPS because there aren't even any monitors running that fast. Most people are still using 60Hz monitors. The FFB in rFactor is tied to the frame rate so even if you have a 60Hz monitor there is some advantage to running 120. So you can start by setting Max Framerate="-120" in your PLR file. Make note that you need to set it to negative (-) 120. This enables the alternate timing method which has proven to improve frame rates for a lot of people. The nice thing about 120 is it is evenly devisable by 60 so it will reduce screen tearing a little. The other thing you can try is adding +fullproc to the command line of you rFactor shortcut. The last thing you can try is install wombat's d3d9.dll which you can find here:
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Nvidia FPS Fix

Wombat's DLL gave me a 25% jump in FPS on my HD5770.

It is still odd that there is such a big range in your framerate. I have a feeling none of these things are going to solve your problem. Hmmm.

Hi Noel
Thanks for your reply.
I have reset the settings in the Nvidia control panel to default and that has fixed the problem, I haven't a glue what I had changed to affect rfactor but perhaps too much fiddling can be an issue.
All run well over the 250+ range but I now have set the Max Framerate=-60 as I found this tweak some time ago but forgot about it when I got my new PC. I think it would give the vid card a rest as well.
All screens now run at 60fps as that is my monitor refresh rate.
I haven't used Wombat's DLL as I don't really need it.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Back