substitute staging beams for drag racing

Angus94

in an effort to improve the DragFactor racing experience, ive come up with this idea to help drag cars 'stage' on the start line. i mainly want to know if it would work.

image 1.
the car approaches the startline, both of the activation tabs also approach the new start & end sectors at the same rate that the car moves because the 2 tabs are 'connected' to the car, but invisible.

image 2.
the car and the tabs get closer to the startline

image 3.
the car has activated the start sector which has started a timer, the driver now knows he is getting close to final staging, note! the start activation tab has passed thru the start sector.........starting the timer. when the end sector activates it will stop the timer, at this point the driver will know he is what is called "FULLY STAGED" and ready to race

image 4.
the is a 3d pic of the whole system and how it will work, everything except the car will be invisible.

Staging is usually indicated by yellow lights, but in this case a timer will have to serve the same function

My question is.........will it work

Im going to assume you are doing this in practice. That tab needs needs to pass thru xsector 1 and 2 before it starts the timer, needs to pass thru them again to finish.

i havent tried it yet, was just sounding out the idea first. i certainly can arrange the tabs to function as you pointed out, but this now asks the question.......can i control where the timer display appears. i would like to create a couple of LCD displays on the christmas tree in place of the original yellow lights.........is this possible?

Last edited:
or will the timer display show in the normal place, and be replaced by the actual race timer once the race starts

the revised layout......

image 1.
the car approaches the startline, both of the activation tabs also approach the new start & end sectors at the same rate that the car moves because the 2 tabs are 'connected' to the car, but invisible.

image 2.
the car and the tabs get closer to the startline, tab-1 is just about to start the timer,

image 3.
tab-1 has passed through the new end sector which started the timer.................tab-2 has passed through the new end sector which has stopped the timer, now the driver knows he is full staged

freew67, hopefully i got it right

Back