terrain .tdf

rich54

My friend and I race online and on one track we have we get a terrain .tdf mismatch. I have searched in vein on how we might correct this problem. Please help. Thanks. Rich

P.S. We are running RFACTOR v 1.255

Make sure you both have the same tdf file and make sure that neither of you has edited it. You can find the file in GameData\Locations\Trackname|trackname.tdf or if the track has subfolders you might find the tdf file in there. send him your tdf and get him to replace his, then try.

Also make sure there is only 1 .tdf file in the Locations folder outside of the track folders called terrain.tdf .

This can also happend if you have installed VHR mod in your rfactor folder instead of install VHR as a stand alone install.

This track doesn't have a dedicated tdf file as most tracks do, this means it will use the default terrain.tdf that is located in your rFactor/gamedata/locations folder, one of you has had that default file altered and that is causing your mismatch. The best thing to do is to download the original file from HERE and it should solve your problem.

This track doesn't have a dedicated tdf file as most tracks do, this means it will use the default terrain.tdf that is located in your rFactor/gamedata/locations folder, one of you has had that default file altered and that is causing your mismatch. The best thing to do is to download the original file from HERE and it should solve your problem.

Thanks Lasercutter----will give it a try later today. Hopefully, this will work. Also, thanks to everyone else for helping out.

Deleting the tracks HAT file is sometimes necessary as well, as it contains data from the tdf.

Back