Think I might have deleted something?

chunder27

Hello there

Am a keen RF1 player and have been for many years.

But have an issue currnetly and do not want to go through the rigmarol of reinstalling.

I must have deleted something by mistake whilst doing some spring cleaning as currently I can only use one car and no matter what track I select it always selects the one that was used last before whatever it is I deleted was gone. In this instance Zolder 79, whatever I select in the menu it ignores and loads up that track.

It does the same with mods and will only select one car, despite me selecting a different one and it loading up in the menu.

Can anyone help?

I would suggest to install rFactor over the existing installation again, as first thing.

So you can´t select another class in the player menu?
What is in your player.PLR,- first lines?
[ SCENE ]
Scene File="GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\LagunaSeca\LagunaSeca_GP\LagunaSeca_GP.SCN"
Scene Description="LagunaSeca_GP"
AI Database File="GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\LagunaSeca\LagunaSeca_GP\LagunaSeca_GP.AIW"

[ DRIVER ]
RaceCast Email="" // The email you are registered with on racecast.rfactor.net
RaceCast Password="" // Your password on racecast.rfactor.net
Vehicle File="GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\SRF\TEAMS\SRF83.VEH"
Team="BGB Motorsports"

When you delete something there are often things fked up, if this was content you last used....

Other possibility: run online yesterday or so? Then things change too.

peter

I can select other mods, I only have a few installed at the moment, and the error occured I think when I maybe deleted something I should not have. The mod I was playing after that was Enduracers, and after the last car I selected, the game just stuck on tht car all the time and one track.

I could select another mod in the player menu, but if I click race after selecting a car and track it goes back to the same track and car as before. I did uninstall enduracers thinking it was an issue there but it's still present. So it defaults now to SR season and the track Zolder which is what I was playing when I deleted something.

Seems my version is fairly seriously knackered

I cannot access the uninstall area to actually get rid of the game and I also cant find it in add or remove programs>

How on earth do you uninstall a program when both obvious areas wont let you?

There should be an uninstall .exe in your main rF folder. If not.... what the hell did you do to your game? :p
Last resort delete the main folder, run CCleaner to get rid of loose files, and then reinstall.

There is no uninstall.exe, Lord knows what happened there.

Am going to have to do it the hard way unless there is some way I can import an uninstall.exe file from somewhere?

The genius bit about this is that if you try and use the mirror here on the ISI site, you know the people that sell this game the download doesn't work.

it disappears as soon as the download finishes! So, even if I wanted to I could not use the official site to download the game as the download is total corrupt.

What a pile of garbage

The rF2 install file disappears as soon as it's downloaded? Some anti virus programs think the install exe is a threat and block it or delete it. I've had to tell my anti virus to leave it alone every time I've downloaded it.

I've never had problems downloading the exe though.

The rF2 install file disappears as soon as it's downloaded? Some anti virus programs think the install exe is a threat and block it or delete it. I've had to tell my anti virus to leave it alone every time I've downloaded it.

Totally agree!

It´s about rF1 here.

I hava managed to get it all done right, I was talking about RF1, was disappointed with RF2 actually and although an initial member, thought so little of it I did no renew.

Managed to get it installed on Chrome, on IE the download just disappeared after 100%.

You usually have to enter a code too dont you? To get online and stuff?

Maybe that information was still stored.

My days of playing this wonderful old game are now over I am afraid on my current machine, as there is clearly a clash somewhere in the file system in my machine that is corrupted, and no matter what I do I can only play RF for a few weeks, upload all the damn mods again, and it eventually crashes exactly the same way.

Tries to load up the track and car that was loaded at the time whatever the problem was, no matter what you select.

And if you then delete that mod or track, the whole thing just wont start. Just a massive bug with my machine it seems, but no issues with any other games I am playing.

Clearly an issue with my machine I think, but a real shame as I still love playing these mods.

I don't know how many mods/tracks/plugins you have installed/put into the same rFator installation.

Sometimes it can happen that it simply is overloaded.
Or you have a bad made/damaged mod/track/plugin installed
Or you do something wrong or leave someting back, when you delete mods/tracks.... you do it "by hand"?
Because many of them don't have uninstaller included and it's not easy doing it "by hand" without having a complete knowledge about it's structure.
The list of possible reasons for your problem can be long.

To see if it is caused by damaged hardware, just try to install it on another physical harddrive.

My days of playing this wonderful old game are now over I am afraid on my current machine, as there is clearly a clash somewhere in the file system in my machine that is corrupted, and no matter what I do I can only play RF for a few weeks, upload all the damn mods again, and it eventually crashes exactly the same way.

Tries to load up the track and car that was loaded at the time whatever the problem was, no matter what you select.

And if you then delete that mod or track, the whole thing just wont start. Just a massive bug with my machine it seems, but no issues with any other games I am playing.

Clearly an issue with my machine I think, but a real shame as I still love playing these mods.

What mods do you use / try?
Try one after the other, don´t install all at once....

Back