Tire Heat model

MerlinC

In the TBC-File there is one parameter which allows to control how the heat dissipates from a tire.

This is a typical example:
Transfer=(6.12e-3, 3.86e-3, 1.14e-4) // Heat transfer to (road, static air, moving air)
. The numbers are well explained but one thing is confusing to me.

Assuming that larger values are representing a higher heat transfer to either the road, static air or moving air shouldn't be the last value the highest?
EDIT: Did some key test with Motec in rFactor by driving to the pit exit, parking the car and waiting while Motec collects the data. The curves below are tire cooldown curves with 50% different values for road and static air. And it is obvious that higher values are resulting in a faster cool-down => higher values representing higher heat transfer rate.
View attachment 12806

Nevertheless this makes the 2nd part of my question more important. Because the majority of the tire models in rFactor1 which I'm aware has a transfer value for moving air which is at least one order of magnitude lower than for road and static air. Is this simply wrong in most of the tire models (including the ones from ISI)? Or what is the rational behind it.

Does anybody have more details on how rFactor uses the values in the simulation?

P.S.: Have a look here as well http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1805880&postcount=19

Last edited:

Back