Tired of Uninstalling/Reinstalling

dmellott79

Haven't received any technical support yet, possibly someone here can help. Below is the email i sent out and the email I received.

Email sent:
Hi, I had to replace my hard drive in my computer and needed to reinstall everything on the new hard drive. I reinstalled Rfactor and I got the License Renewal screen, I typed in my other email and received the activation code to use for the install. When i start the game the only thing it will let me do is play with the default cars on the default tracks. Nothing that I load into the game will work. I'm not sure if this is a Licensing issue or what it would be but it seems like it might be. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything several times and I still have the same problem. The copy of Rfactor was only ever used on 1 computer which was this system just with a different hard drive.

Email Received:
Hi,
If you have activated your game but seeing the demo, please see the following thread in the rfactor support forums. If this does not resolve your issue, please post the issue in the rfactor support forums.
https://community.racesimcentral.net/showthread.php/563-quick-help-for-purchase.

Maybe someone here can help or know what the problem might be.

"Haven't received any technical support yet"
It looks like the email you received was from technical support and therefore an attempt was made to provide you with support. If you're having issues installing mods/addons/plugins, support isn't provided by ISI, it is provided by the author of the mods or the community. Since your concern appeared to be that you were having licensing issues, the link provided by rfactor support directs you to a thread where, if you think you are stuck in demo mode (and thus, mods won't work), it may be due to having installed from a G27 version of rfactor (which at first glance of your post, looks possible - as it's a bit confusing). Not sure if you think you are stuck in demo mode or if you are just having issues installing 3rd party mods/addons/plugins.

If you think you might be stuck in demo mode, you can confirm this because somewhere in the game it will say "not available in demo mode". That would be a licensing issue. In this case, if you are using the G27 version, follow the advice from support. If you are not using the G27 version, try starting fresh by deleting your trymedia folder. There are instructions here on how to delete the folder (even though it's referring to a different error).
https://community.racesimcentral.ne...tion-or-Can-t-Open-Page-when-starting-rFactor

Otherwise, if you don't see "not available in demo mode" and rfactor is otherwise working fine, then I take it you're installing mods/addons in rfactor and can't find them in the game. You can find more info here:
https://community.racesimcentral.ne...-tracks-for-rFactor?highlight=installing+mods

Or check for specific installation instructions from the site where you downloaded the mod/addon/plugin.

Back