Track announcer

BOLLOmanuel

hello,

I'm modding some track, and I found how to edit the ambient sounds.
It's quite simple, but I have just one question:

is it possibile to assign a different announcer to different tracks?
I have many tracks, and I would like to assign three different announcers, one per track.

My probem is that it seems there'are just 3 loop channels: fans, horns, announcer... so if I use the fans for crowd, reamin just other two channels (and I need three)

is there some other loop channel? maybe unknown from the most of us

or a way to select the wave in the scn file?

thanks

is it possibile to assign a different announcer to different tracks?
is there some other loop channel? maybe unknown from the most of us

or a way to select the wave in the scn file? .....

I would answer this with "no".

And when you e.g use the horns for another announcer, you would have to overwrite the horn soundfiles with the ones for the announcer and on other tracks, which are meant to use horn-sounds, you would hear the announcer instead of the horns too.

The only other possibility i could suggest to try out is to define some parts and its material of the driveable street/underground with the wanted announcer-sounds in the *.tdf files of the tracks.
I've never tested that and don't know if it works as wanted, if the game would accept soundfiles with new names here and how it sounds if it works.

But maybe you give it a try.

thanks redapg for che replay

but I can't understand what you mean :(

the lines of .tdf file are different from .scn files
can you just past here some .tdf lines modified as yuo told? as example

if it' should works it would be an incredible conquest for all track modders

thansk and sorry ;)

I can do that but after i've posted it i've noticed that there is a maybe deciding restriction.
The problem with my suggested method, if it works is, that the sound will appear suddenly in that moment when you touch the ground with the defined sound. The normal announcer/horn sounds get louder the closer you come.
Another thing is, that every mod with different settings in it's sfx file will overwrite the tracksettings and the normal sound of the underground will get lost.

But here is an example of what i mean. (But remember: never tested, don't know if it works ;))

The tdf entries define the behaviour of the different types of underground/walls... when you touch them. Let's take a normal tdf entry for the gravel:

// Gravel
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=0.52 Wet=0.50 Resistance=5000.00 BumpAmp=0.052 BumpWavelen=4.0 Legal=false Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.8 Sparks=0 Scraping=0 Sink=0.017 Sound=gravel
Reaction=dust Tex=Dustroad.tga Max=128 TopSpeed=104.0 Scale=(1.0,1.0,1.0) Growth=(4.0,3.0,2.0) ASDEnvelope=(2.0,0.2,3.5) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
//Reaction=dirt Tex=Dustroad.tga Max=128 Scale=(0.5,0.5,0.5) Growth=(0.8,0.8,0.8) ASDEnvelope=(2.0,0.2,3.5) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=softskid Tex=skidbrown.tga Max=1024 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=grvl

The values you would have to change for the area where you want to hear the sounds, are:
Sound=gravel and
Materials=grvl

Copy and paste the whole entry and change e.g.
Sound=gravel into: Sound=talking and
Materials=grvl
into Materials=talkmody

The parts of the gmt(s) where you want to hear the sound on, have to have the materialname talkmody too!
And the other values have to match the properties of the underground.
E.g. if it is road, you would have to take a normal "road" section, copy and paste it and change these both values.

Rename the sound file you want to use into talking.wav and put it into the folder: ..\GameData\Sounds\TMTires and ..\GameData\Sounds\Default

Maybe you additionally will have to rename and put the soundfile in the folders as listed here:
Into the folder ..\GameData\Sounds\TMTires:
talking_dry.wav
talkingskid_ex.wav
talkingskid_in.wav
talkingroll_ex.wav
talkingroll_in.wav

Into the folder ..\GameData\Sounds\Secondary
talkingroll_in.wav
talkingskid_in.wav

I hope i didn't forget a thing.

so, you are suggesting me to assign a sound to the ground, and it should sounds just when the wheels touch the ground?

hello Mr redapg (the only one who seems to know something about ambient sounds :D )

I made an experiment: I changed the sound of the green light at the race start.. usually it's a kind of air horn.. I changed to crowd noise :) and it works! so when I start the race, the crowd start to noise.
in this way I have 3 ambient sound for 3 different announcer (funs, horns, announcer)

now... my problem is:
why the hell in replay I can't hear the crowd sound at the green light? :(
any idea where can I find come setting about that?

thanks man

Like i said before, i didn't seriously play around with that before :).

But i have to say that i've never heard the default "starting"-sounds in a Replay.
So i guess that it is hardcoded that this sound won't be played in the Replays....

Back