Track Problem - Car vibrating or bouncing in a particle section

angelodeasa

Really need help with this issue if anyone has encountered this as it has been I think 2 weeks now and still no resolution...

The pit section of a particular track I am converting is basically vibrating or bouncing everytime I drive to that place. Everything else in the track is working even runoff areas but just this specific place, the car just continues to bounce as if there was an earthquake of some sort...

Anyway, here are the things that I have looked at so far:

- I have checked the material so it is properly set in the TDF file... Actually its just named as road...

- Made sure its collidable and has a hat target...

So basically the editing tool I am using is the 3dsimed tool and here are some of my theories on why this could happen:

- There might be overlapping hat targets... This track is a street circuit with elevations so I thought if there were overlapping hat targets, it could cause this... But checked the section and there wasn't any overlapping targets... I don't even know if that could cause it...

- the number of vertices is a bit many or to taxing which could cause this issue... Some other parts of the tracks have this kind of many vertices but it only happens on the pit section so I guess we could rule that out...

- There must be some invisible objects on that specific section which causes this issue... I doubt it but anything right now for me is possible as this problem is just taking too long...

Anyway, these are the things I remember and if anybody needs more info, just let me know and I will surely give it in the detail that anyone needs...

If material name is exactly like main track, then TDF properties (like fake bumps for example) are the same as the main track. If on the track everything is OK, then in pits there should be no problems too, so we can skip that part.

Load the track in 3dsimed and focus on the pit area, on the ground. Hide road material and see if there's any other surface that can collide with the road.

Pay atention to speakers. Can you hear the typical sound of grass when you're riding on that?

Sorry, I haven't been able to reply quickly but I'll try to post the beta track (mostly just the driveable surface plus the pit road issue) here and so you can check it out... I kinda abandoned it for now as its just to much time spent so now I am working on another project... Anyway, ill upload in a few, please try it out and see where I got it wrong... thx in advance

Anyway, sorry I wasn't able to upload the file I said I was to but I guess the issue is now resolve... After a night of thinking and pondering, I saw that the pit road was not smooth'd out... So went ahead and smoothen it out in 3dsmax and after that, its not vibrating anymore... I am still unsure on how this got fixed as some parts of the track had the same amount or style of vertices but I guess the only difference is that the pit road was narrow which makes the vertices a bit compact which in result, needed to be smoothen out...

Back