Track public address speaker and crowd noice too loud

nipzon

I find the track PR and crowd noise too loud while in pits which drowns out mates voices on TS. Is there a way of turning this down or disabling it?

+1
It can be very annoying hearing some ambient sounds eg the wheelguns in RF1, & yes they have been bin'd

SS

You can turn off ambient sounds in rfactor. Gamedata/Sounds/Ambient.

Takes a bit of experimenting which is which. for example the crowd-horns is the fans_normal_1.wav and renaming it to fans_normal_1OFF.wav will do the trick.

It depends per track though, some tracks you wont even notice, on others its loud as hell.
Also the original .wav files keep re-appearing somehow, so every once in a while you need to re-rename them. not sure why this is, probably after installing a new mod.

turning it down would require editing the files. worth a shot, but back it up first.

PLR-file / sound options:
Pit Volume="0.30000" // 0.0-1.0, controls volume of pit sounds while you're at the monitor

Crowd Range="50.00000" // Volume range parameter
Crowd Shape="0.75000" // Shape of volume attenuation
Crowd Ambient="2.50000" // Ambient range where volume is maximum

and many more there to find....

greets
pete

You can turn off ambient sounds in rfactor. Gamedata/Sounds/Ambient.

Takes a bit of experimenting which is which. for example the crowd-horns is the fans_normal_1.wav and renaming it to fans_normal_1OFF.wav will do the trick.

It depends per track though, some tracks you wont even notice, on others its loud as hell.
Also the original .wav files keep re-appearing somehow, so every once in a while you need to re-rename them. not sure why this is, probably after installing a new mod.

turning it down would require editing the files. worth a shot, but back it up first.
I've noticed that the fans_normal_1.wav file in the new 'g' version is just the Lienz anthem, whereas before (assuming you fixed the incorrect wheelgun sound), the Leinz anthem was an mp3 of the same name, whereas the correct wav file was the crowd noise. Now i'm incredibly confused as to which should be the correct way of doing things :(

I haven't tried Pete's option in the PLR file, maybe that's a better solution to begin with?

Back