Trouble Installing 1.2.5.5 F Patch for DVD

robwmack

Hello,

I have followed the instructions on the download page here and at rFactor Central and tried to install this patch without success.

What I have is a DVD that I purchased and it says it is version 1.1.5.0. I have never tried to upgrade it with any patches until now. Of the three 1.2.5.5 F files available for download the one titled "rFactor DVD/DVD "F" Patch" seemed to be the one that I needed.

I downloaded the rFactor1255F-SD-Update.zip file and unzipped it into a temporary location. Then I moved the current rFactor.exe and rFactor Dedicated.exe files from my rFactor root directory into a backup folder and replaced them with the two new files from the download. I did the same with the NetCommUtilPlugin.dll file in the Plugins folder.

When I tried to run rFactor I got a box asking me to insert the CD and hit OK. The DVD was already in but I removed it, reinserted it and hit OK I got the same box again. It just wouldn't recognize my DVD.

I put the original files back in place and the game runs fine, but of course it is still only version 1.1.5.0.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help,

Bob Mackenzie

What I have is a DVD that I purchased and it says it is version 1.1.5.0. I have never tried to upgrade it with any patches until now. Of the three 1.2.5.5 F files available for download the one titled "rFactor DVD/DVD "F" Patch" seemed to be the one that I needed.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi, looks like you have not the DVD version, but the digital one burned in a CD or DVD.

The official DVD version indeed was published by Sniper/Koch Media in v 1255 and the DVD patch updates rF to v 1255F.

I guess you had to use a code in order to unlock your rF, right?

So, to update your rF to 1255, you can download and install the

v1255 Full Install
Full v1255 Installer

version, and you will have to reactivate it again because rF 1150 codes are incompatible with 1255 codes.

Back