trouble loading tracks

andy5446

im not able to load any track except silverstone. i select other ones, and click load track, and silverstone GB comes up every time. any ideas?

This can happen if you're using Windows 7 with UAC (User Account Control) enabled. If you are using Windows 7, right click on the rfactor.exe and select "Run As Administrator..."

This can also happen if your installation is corrupt (from an incorrectly installed mod, etc).

Downloading Tracks/Cars

Hello, I have downloaded a few cars and tracks, and cant find any of it while playing the game. Any help on how to find these files would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Tracks are pretty easy. just drop them in your rfactor/gamedata/locations folder and it should show up in the track list within rfactor.

Mods, same thing but you gotta have the mod installed correctly. Did you install them the propor way?

3 ways to do it:
1] its an exe file which need to be pointed to the root of rfactor and just click install.
2] its a zip file which needs to be unzipped into the root of rfactor (there should be a readme telling you to just unzip into root)
3] install it manualy. also a zip but you unzip it to a temp. folder, look at the folders and copy the folders into rfactor yourself (or if there are allready same folders in rfactor you copy the content into it (for example rfm files, you just copy/paste the rfm files into the rfactor rfm folder)

The reason for option3 is because sometimes a mod-file isn't assembled very well and could mess up the rfactor file structure. by doing it manualy you know what you are doing and how to un-do it. its rare, but it does happen.

Problem Loading Tracks

So I posted a question earlier about this, but still cant find any downloaded cars/tracks in the game. everything i hear says just drop files into the "locations" file. so i saved it in c:\program files\rfactor\game data\locations. I've noticed the icon next to the file(once saved) is not a brownish folder, like the other files, its a white piece of paper looking icon. Do I need to save file somewhere else & move it? Not using a download manager, is that a problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated

The "GameData" folder doesn't contain a space. I don't know if that's just a typo in your post or if you are extracting files specifically to that path but if you are, then the game will not find any tracks located in that folder. Also, you don't drop everything into that folder, just tracks. For vehicles, you extract them to your vehicles folder. When doing so, make sure the folders aren't nested.

I think I see the problem, hidden file extentions + not having winrar/7zip?

Get winrar from here http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm
Just get either 32bit or 64bit, if you don't know weather your os is a 32 or 64 bit, just get 32 bit one. Once you install that, the paper icon should become a rar icon.

Also, archive files (rar, zip, 7z extensions) have to be extracted before install them in rFactor.

Please Help! Close to finding tracks, but not there yet

I've had trouble finding tracks/mods i've downloaded. I got the 1995 CART mod, dropped all the files into the game data files, and I can actually SEE the cars in vehicle list, but it says "error loading mesh file R94_VAGMT to memory." i can drive the car, but all you can see are the tires. Also, no CART tracks are visible in list. Any ideas would be very much appreciated! Thanks

Back