trying to get a clean reinstall

forgator

I deleted the game from my control panel. When I try to get a clean reinstall by inserting the disc, the restart does not run. Instead it goes to a page that shows there may be files still present.
Can anyone walk me through what I need to do to get my PC to read the disc.
Many thanks.

Hello
When you say control panel did you use windows uninstall program to remove rfactor ?

Anyway it is best to remove installed stuff via windows add and remove programs app first.
also not sure about the disc on weather you have to have the activation code but if you do make sure you have that before uninstalling rfactor.
but to access autorun insert the disk go to your cd rom or dvd rom and open it to view your folders you should see a autorun exe or install exe in there click on that and it should start the install process.
If you did not uninstall rf fully then is will simply over write the rf folders and not remove what ever mod or tracks you have installed already so you might want to select a different path to in sure you get a fresh install.
something like creat new folder name RF_clean_Install and install rf there. once that is done activate it make sure it is working and then copy and paste that to another folder and install mods and tracks there.
That way if you ever have a problem you can just delete the modded rf and copy and paste the clean install and you would be ready to go and not have to activate it again.
Unless you change a major peice of hardware like a motherboard or something of that nature.

GL
Ruben M.

I got the game to install but when I try to run it, I get the "Buy/Trial" page.
My next move being???????????????
Thank you for the help. The support page for this game is second to none.

Hello
Your next move should be click I already purchased and put in the activation code you have or was sent to you via e mail.

Ruben M.

did not buy it on line. bought the dvd version. have no activation code.
thanks
k t

Hi gang. almost there. i got the game installed but when i click on the icon to start the game, the opening page flashes for a second but after that
nothing happens, the game does not start. my next move would be ????????????????????????
thanks again for all the help.
K T

Back