TV Cam Model in Cockpit View

elude107

Hey guys, I'm playing rFactor with an Oculus Rift and I've noticed that in the cockpit view, when I use free look to look around my kart model doesn't have any bodywork, axles, or even a seat. If I change the camera view to "TV', I have a player model and the full kart model loads.

It would be more enjoyable to play in the cockpit view with all of the models loaded as it's kind of creepy to drive around an empty kart frame. Is there any way to mod the game to load the 3d models reserved for the "tv" cameras for the cockpit camera?

thanks.

Try this:
In the XXX.gen file of the mod (not the xxx_spinner.gen) you'll find some entries which all start with Instance=.

One of them is the Instance=COCKPIT. Here are all parts inserted which will be shown at cockpitview.

I don't know how the mesh files of the mod you are using are splitted into different Instances but you can start with adding the entries of the section that starts directly under the Instance=SLOT<ID> line, into the Instance=COCKPIT section.
Just copy and paste the wanted lines. Normally the name of the mesh-file should make clear which part of the car it is.
After finishing that, save the file and join the game.
Maybe you'll have to edit the *.cam file too, to get a better position of view in cockpitview.
And maybe you'll have to add parts you are missing from other instances.
Like i said, that depends from how the modder splitted the parts of the car in different instances of the the *.gen file.

Back