Unable to connect to races

ixopop

I am unable to connect to rfactor.match.net [whatever the default is] to view online races. I can ping the address without issues and have the ports opened on the FW and router. I ran a wireshark on my pc - i do not see packets leaving my machine. I think somehow the software is not detecting my eth card or i have inadvertently removed a required plugin. I have all the plugins from the install on my PC......not sure of what the next step is here......I am also unable to join races using direct IP ! trying to avoid a re-install if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Fixed

I am unable to connect to rfactor.match.net [whatever the default is] to view online races. I can ping the address without issues and have the ports opened on the FW and router. I ran a wireshark on my pc - i do not see packets leaving my machine. I think somehow the software is not detecting my eth card or i have inadvertently removed a required plugin. I have all the plugins from the install on my PC......not sure of what the next step is here......I am also unable to join races using direct IP ! trying to avoid a re-install if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

I was able to fix the problem - looks like i deleted a plugin - after a reboot and re-verification I am now able to see online race servers and join with success!!

restored the following:

NetCommUtilPlugin.dll
raceCastPlugin.dll

Hope this helps anyone out there who made the same [foolish] mistake i did. i deleted the plugins when manually uninstalling the motec and GID plugins....

Back