Undershadow question

xoa

Hi there,

if just asked myself how much ressources it takes if I use the carbody also as a ShadowObject with undershadow:

Code:
  MeshFile=car_body.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(800.0)
  MeshFile=car_body.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=True LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(800.0) ShadowObject=(Dynamic, True, 256, 256, UNDERSHADOW.DDS)

Because if I use the UNDERSHADOW in the first line (with ShadowCaster), and leave the second one away, then the undershadow does not work well. (and if I use it with ShadowObject, the carbody is invisible.)

The carbody-model is 3.45mb.

The better solution would be a low poly shadow-model of the car, but It would take too much time mor many cars.

Thanks

If you aiming at quality, then use different LODs for dedicated shadow models. I strongly recommend optimizing polycount on these, by deleting parts that won't be "seen" (like the whole interior, when you use shadow models with "nontransparent" windows, all sorts of badges as they won't affect the shape of the model). In the end, take whatever you left and reassign to one simple material with simple 1px texture.

Ok, thanks for your reply. I've found a fast way to create a lowpoly model of my car. As you said, first I delete everything except wccarbody and wcwindow (and wing etc. if needed). Then I create a low-poly model with vizup.

Thank you :eek:

Back