Unknow Internal Error

M_Logan

Have had the game for as long as its been out. All of a sudden two weeks ago i went to play and it gave me a cannot open internet explorer error. Followed these forums and the tech support to delete the game and lincese. Now after redownloading and installing i get a Unknow Internal Error before i can even put in my purchase code. And when i try to open the game under Run As it gives me the error cannot engage graphics engine due to configuation error. Must have Internet Explorer 4 or higher on the computer. Anyone every come across this and if so what can i due to fix this. I'm loosing points in my league! Thanks

Maybe it is that strange "Local System Time Bug" ...

- Try to set your local system time somewhere beyond the current date / time e.g. "01. January 2030 XX:YY"
- Start the thoroughly registered rFactor or start rFactor with the DVD in your drive if you got the DVD version (now rFactor should start as usual)
- After that set your local system time back to normal and everything should be fine again ...

Cheers
Frank

Also,

- Ensure that rfactor is not being blocked by other software. Add rfactor to your antivirus ignore list and your firewall's allowed list.

- If you have Vista or Windows 7, try right-clicking on the rfactor.exe and selecting "Run As Administrator..."

"Unknown Internal Error" is typically due to not having the required account access. As Max points out, if you have Windows 7, FIRST delete your Trymedia folder then right-click and select "Run As Administrator...", otherwise ensure you have full admin account.

This can also occur if it detects a system change or a change to the system clock. If you (or any program) recently set your clock ahead/back in time, reset it to that time, run rfactor, alt-tab out to your desktop and reset the time to the correct time, then alt-tab back into the game and exit.

Back