upgrade problem with physics

silente

Hi everybody,

i have a problem with upgrades that i hope somebody can help me to solve.

I have a car with an upgrade file containing several options, each one substantially redefining sections of the HDV that work on the aero parameters (FWING, RWING, BODY and DIFFUSER).

I currently have in my upgrade file 5 possible configurations, one being the normal HDV and the other 4 real upgrades where sections of the original HDV must be overwritten.

3 of these additional 4 configurations work as expected, while one, no matter what i do, produce completely wrong results.
The strange thing is that, if i use the same parameters directly in my HDV file, i get exactly the physics behavior i would expect.

It looks like that, for some reason, this upgrade section is not properly used by the code if i insert it in my upgrade file.

Did anybody else had similar experiences? And if so, does anyone have any idea on a possible solution?

thank you very much!

Yes I think I can remember that problem... had to do with the syntax.
Please post the part of the upgrade in here.
Quick idea: all brackets set correctly? Please double-check!

I double checked the brackets several times and everything should be correct.

I will try to post it here, anyway i don't think it is the problem, unfortunately. I tried to copy that section between the brackets of other sections which work properly, but still with no success. :(

Then it´s another syntax-fail.
Post section....

Hi guys,

i think i solved the problem myself.

The issue was that the code was not using the first section of my upgrade file, containing the info relative to the front wing.

Although this is not shown in any other Upgrade file i found, even the ones from isi, it seems like the solution was to add another line like:

HDV=

before the line referring to the front wing:

HDV=[FRONTWING]

Now everything seems to work properly! ;)

Last edited:
Hmm.. I've seen that in ISI files for sure. Anyway, glad you found it :)

Hmm.. I've seen that in ISI files for sure. Anyway, glad you found it :)

the strange thing was that this

HDV=

line had to be the first line in my upgrade file.

Normally it is only before a change of section.

Also, the ISI files i have seen start immediately with something like:

HDV=[...]

without any

HDV=

line before.

But it is working, it is enough for me! :D

the strange thing was that this

HDV=

line had to be the first line in my upgrade file.

Normally it is only before a change of section.

Also, the ISI files i have seen start immediately with something like:

HDV=[...]

without any

HDV=

line before.

But it is working, it is enough for me! :D

Yep, you're right, sorry. I misunderstood. That is strange indeed... must be some reason for it, but you seem reluctant to post the whole file so at least it works :)

Back