UserData Folder Problem

Drew Christensen

Hey, im running a dedicated server off my computer and i wanted to change some settings and when i go into my UserDate folder usually there is a folder with your game name, but i have nothing. Controller, Log, Screenshots is all the folders i have id like to edit my multiplayer configuration settings can someone help?

Iv got Win7, also i do not see user profile anywhere in rfactor folder, please help!

Both Win7 and Vista will try to hide data from you by putting it into your C:\Users\<MyLoginName>\AppData\ somewhere folder.

This should get you pointed in the right direction. Look around in the Local, Roaming, LocalLow folders and eventually you'll come across it. Once you do then move it back to your rFactor installation and Win7 won't mess with it again.

When i go to Users, it has my name and a Lock so i checked it out and looked in every folder and nothing...here are the folders that are in there (Contacts, Desktop, Downloads, Favorites, Links, My Documents, Music, Pictures, and Downloads, and i checked them all and only thing rfactor related was a setup file to install rfactor, nothing else is in there...so confused...

Found it, i need help again, so i did a search and it shows a location user/appdata but when i go there, there is no folder called appdata how do i make it appear?

ok i figued it out, still trying to figure out my win7 would hide folders like that, thanks guys!!

Drew first off turn UAC OFF in Win 7 64 Bit as it IMHO has no advantage to us as racer's because we NEED to edit and move files but Microsoft have hidden many things from the average punter.

My advice for what it is worth is make a COMPLETE backup copy of your rFactor and move the User files from the App Data folder to the User Data folder under rFactor where should be.

I installed Win 7 and nothing else from my XP Pro and simply redirected Win 7 to my default program location, ONLY Windows on my "C:\" you see.

im having the same problem i found user name but how do i make it appear in rfactor folder

Back