Vehicle gen token "1234" unknown

wwwxl

I've been fixing a lot of "errors" I see on trace.txt log from some mods I have installed, making them so all the cars appear on "All Tracks and Vehicles", missing textures, wrong search paths, etc. But now there's one last error I am not able to fix. I am seeing stuff like this on the trace log:

Code:
Vehicle gen token "1234" unknown
Vehicle gen token "5678" unknown

i am opening and closing the game without touching anything so I know which car is triggering that, but I checked the .veh file, and it does contain the genstring like this:

Code:
Graphics=CHEVY08.gen
Spinner=CHEVY08_SPIN.gen
GenString=CH03TRGR

Both graphics and spinner .gen files try to use it with <1234> and <5678> like this:

Code:
  Instance=Fwing
  {
   Moveable=True
   MeshFile=<1234>_FWA.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) ShadowCaster=(Dynamic, Solid, 512, 512) Reflect=True
  }

The file CH03_FWA.gmt exists inside the .mas file.

What could be causing th e error on the trace log? Shouldn't I be able to get "CH03" with <1234> on the .gen files?

On the first sight i would say yes, it should work.

Did you check all veh files, if their GenString entries have matching gmt files?

On the first sight i would say yes, it should work.

Did you check all veh files, if their GenString entries have matching gmt files?

Yes all the genstrings used on all the .veh files match a gmt file. It's weird because even the Sauber BMW that came with the game is showing those errors.

Then follow this rule:
As long as it causes no problems, don't care. ;)

It can also be a safety car causing this error.
When you first run a mod you will often see a safety car in the spinner .......... but ........... this safety car can cause issues with your mod and generate errors.
Temporarily remove all the other mod folders from your Vehicle folder (cut and paste them somewhere outside your rFactor install) and then run your mod with these removed.

Back