Very often FFB reset

Quo-Fan

Hi,
i have very often to reset FFB manually after leaving the box. I never had this issue before but it´s about 7 times from 10 now. It never was neccessary in the past to assign FFB reset, but now it´s on my Space button, because i need to reset FFB.
Could there be something wrong with the G25 drivers or what could be the reason for this behaviour?
Thanks for every help indeed...

Is your wheel plugged into a USB hub? Is something wrong with the hub possibly? Have you added another device to this hub that may be drawing more power?

Yes, the wheel is connected with a USB hub, but i didn´t change anything, no other devices are plugged in. It is the same configuration for months...

Last edited:
Is it a powered USB hub? If so, have you checked to be sure the power plug didn't get pulled out of the wall or out of the hub. A lot of these hubs will work fine without being plugged in but will do some funny things if the power is marginal.

Yeah, hubs are weird! Try to have your G25 directly connected to the PC. i have had problems in the past with computer manafacturers producing non-powered hubs with to long cables. distaster

Oh, Oh,
what i said before, english is not my home language...
My G25 is directly connected with the PC, in my head a hub was the input connector at the PC´s backside...totally wrong.
So, the device is DIRECTLY connected for about half a year now, it´s still the same configuration at all.
Any other ideas?

Make sure it's plugged into a USB 2.0 port and not a USB 1.1. You can check your motherboard manual for what ports are 2.0.

Also, try this.
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/G27-Racing-Wheel/td-p/389626/page/2#
XP (http://forums.techarena.in/tips-tweaks/1161554.htm)

1. Click Start. Click Run. Type cmd and press OK.
2. Type "set DEVMGR_SHOW_DETAILS=1" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.
3. Type "set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1" (without quotation marks) and Press Enter.
4. Type "start devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) and click press Enter.
5. Click View. Click Show hidden devices.

Vista/W7 (http://forums.techarena.in/customize-desktop/1141528.htm)

1. Go to start menu > My Computer > Properties.

2. On the left click Advanced System Settings.
3. You will now see a System Properties window automatically opened to the Advanced Tab, Just click the Environment Variables button located at the bottom.
4. Under User Variables click New
5. Create a Variable name called devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices With a Variable Valve of 1. Click OK when Done.
6. You will now see this entry appear under your User Variables at the top, Once you confirm it has been entered correctly just click OK on the Environment Variables Window then again on the System Properties Window.
7. Open your Start-Menu again and right-click Computer and open Manage
8. Select Device Manager found on the left, then at the top click View > Show Hidden Devices.

From here, you can now expand either Human Interface Devices, Universal Serial Bus controllers, or Unknown Devices. You will see both full contrast images (currently plugged in devices) and faded images (built enumeration profiles not in active use). I'd remove Logitech entries for any wheels you have plugged in (right click-uninstall OR just delete them), unplug the wheel, then replug in to a different port. If you get unknown devices, you can determine if it's a Logi product if the Hardware ID (Under Details and pulldown menu if you doubleclick a device) has a "046d" string in the VID_PID area.

When you unplug/replug the wheel after doing this, it will force windows to create a whole new driver profile for the USB enumeration that just occured, which can and will resolve many of the issues listed in here. It may also resolve the off-center calibration according to the software, as the calibration in this device is determined by Windows and DirectInput. If the product goes to dead center after doing it's spinning dance, then the hardware is calibrated. It's possible that even after calibration, the Windows has incorrect calibration data within DirectInput. To clear this out, repeat the above steps BUT don't unplug/replug the wheel, go to the Logi download page for either the G25 or G27, download the Clear Calibration utility, run that, then NOW unplug and replug the wheel. Clear Calibration will remove additional information that Windows stores as it's own calibration in DirectInput.

Computer are funny things. I'd suggest a refresh of the drivers. Just re-install your Logitech driver. Some times drivers like most things on a PC need a fresh start. Fixes errors and bad section. Worth a try. Works most time for most applications.

Oh also there is a calibration cleaner for Logitech at their website.

Last edited:
Hi,
short feedback: i switched from an USB2.0 to an USB3.0 port at my PC backside and until now the G25 runs fine, no FFB resets are necessary.
Maybe there is something wrong with my USB2.0 port?

I have experience issues with USB ports when a gizmo with high current drain is plugged in. USBs are rated for up to 0.5A and when it got close to that, ports on the same set of headers sometimes disappeared temporarily. In my case the problem device was a TV tuner dongle. I now connect only that when required.

Back