Weird Problem regarding my new Mouse and rF

Hermmie

Hey,

i just found out about a very weird issue with my mouse related to rF.

After around half a year of no rFactor racing i decided to have a go again, re downloaded the full install, one mod and a track.

When i wanted to run the sim, all i got was a black screen. I thought the game crashed and shut it down, trying to run it again afterwards, same problem. After waiting at the black screen for like 1 or 2 minutes, it suddenly loaded and continued with the intro movies.

Then, if i try to return to the main menu from a track, i get the same 1-2 minutes of freeze.

After a long series of driver and hardware tests, i accidently stumpled upon my mouse being the cause of it, when i tested if my usb Hub was the problem.

No matter in which usb port i plug it in, or which driver i use ( windows standard or specific ones from the manufacturer ), as long as i use this mouse, rFactor has those weird freezes mentioned above.

I tried a different mouse, no problems there. Its pretty annoying because i just cant believe that a MOUSE can cause this sort of Trouble :)

If there is no solution to the problem i guess i will just go and get a new mouse, but i would appreciate it if someone knew how to solve it.

Weird indeed, but you didn't provide any information about that mouse (what model, what drivers etc.). Such info might be helpful.

Its a "Logilink Laser Gaming Mouse" and im running Win 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. Drivers either Windows standard or the Logilink ID0015 Driver ( there is only one Version of the Driver available ).

What i also wanted to add is that, once i start rFactor and the mouse is plugged in, when the black screen occurs, i can just unplug the mouse and the game loads instantly.

From what I found on the internet, it's some sort of a cheap "noname" so my guess is, you get what you paid for. If that would be Logitech, Razor etc. then the drivers might be the case but in your case (the same issue with both standard and Logilink drivers), it probably is related directly with the mouse. Maybe something with USB communication (rF hangs because it has issues with recognizing USB device? Just my guessing).

rFactor is the only title you are having issue with, on your Logilink mouse?

Yeah indeed rFactor is the only title where i have this problem. But i guess you're right, its a cheap product so they probably didnt spend as much time in developing it as a regular manufacturer would. Guess i'll be getting a new mouse at the end of the month.

Is there any kind of manufacturer support? You can try contact them. Maybe they can find the solution (other than "don't play rFactor" ;-) )?

Back