Weird steering in rFactor?

YoursTruly

Hello, new to rFactor here. I have a Logitech G27, but this has also happened with my old wheel. When you speed up, the steering wheel seems to stay near the center a bit more. For example lets say I am stopped and I turn the G27 90 degrees. The wheel in the game will do the same. Now let's change this situation to where I'm around 100 MPH (160 kmh). I turn my steering wheel 90 degrees, but the game only turns it's steering wheel about 60 degrees or so. Also, related to this problem, when I am in a crash and I am at the wheel lock (900 degrees), it seems to slowly go 900 degrees in game once I slow to a stop. I've also come upon another problem, and that is that the wheel in-game seems sluggish and slow. I have 50% sensitivity on all axes, and the maximum degrees set to 900. Can anyone help me? I've done a google search but nothing has come up that relates to this problem.

EDIT: I think I might of found a solution, I'll check it out.

Do you have speed sensitivity on? It should be set to 0% if using a wneel. Check in the options mate.

Do you have speed sensitivity on? It should be set to 0% if using a wneel. Check in the options mate.

Already fixed this, but I've come upon another problem, and that is the steering is very loose, as if I turn 180 it barely makes it through the corner.

If your real life wheel is set to 900 degrees then make sure the in-game streering lock in the "garage" setup screen is set to around 27-35, depending on type of car.

- Turn off speed sensitivty ingame (set it to 0%)
- Set the car's steering lock in the garage setup to match your real life wheel (around 27-35 degrees of ingame lock, depending on car, if your wheel is set to 900 degrees, prob 33 for most gt racecars and 27-30 for a roadcar, you can lookup the steering ratios for many cars online)
- Make sure your steering sensitivty is set ingame to 50% (perfectly linear).
- There is also a setting that makes your steering extra sensitive when you are under a certain speed like 20 km/h or something, it is used mostly to help players with older wheels that had very, very small amounts of lock get out of the pits. You should disable it. It is in your controller.ini file, I think it's called "steer ratio speed limit", make sure you set it to "0" instead of the current number which is probably like "20" or something. Then save it and click "yes" when it asks if you want to overwrite.

Last edited:
I have an issue since a few updates ago. Have been looking but cant find a thread to help so I try here. Have thrustmaster F1 wheel and it works fine in A.C. IRacing everywhere but here in rf2. So bad I have stopped using rf2. Wheel is recognized setting it up is no issue but when i go to track the wheel just flops or pulls hard one way then the other. Its like as you go close to the center it grabs and flops right or left quite strongly. It can be my setting Ive been at sim racing a long time and I have all setting pretty much the same as always.

Any help would be much appreciated.

No its off and its rf2 im dealing with ...got myself in the wrong forum

Maybe it helps to create a new player-file. Just delete/rename or move the player.JSON-file from the ..\UserData\player folder.

The game creates a new one when you start it again.

@JJ Addison

Normally when the steering wheel flops from side to side as you describe, you must reverse the FFB strength.
I'm currently at work, but here is a slider in your FFB settings (FFB strength) that you can move from -ve(negative) to +ve(positive) or vice versa.

Back