Weird vehicle instance problem

Jorgen

We have a weird problem with our current league mod. When driving online, it seems as if when a player disconnects and then rejoins, the game creates a whole new instance of the vehicle, so even if we only were 20 players during the session, the replay file can for example state that there were 41 participants, and the game crashes when attempting to play it back. (With an out of memory error)

When players re-join, they get their previously registered time back, so the game seems to be able to keep track of things at least to some extent.

I've run with trace enabled but I cannot see anything that looks like an error. Has anyone heard of a similar issue, and how to fix it?

I am not sure i am talking about the same issue, but i have seen few times a sort of delay in the server.
Ie a driver disconnects, but his name is still in the monitor, and when he rejoins are listed 2 instances of the same driver.

This behavior is a strong clue of an over-stressed server, say abnormal CPU usage, with related lags till the server crashes.

It is always a good advice to use the dedi exe of the DVD version instead the v1255 digital one, becouse the DVD version (without Trymedia) optimizes the server performance.

http://www.rfactor.net/downloads/

This happens with a low-load server too, when someone exits and re-joins. I have a feeling it's something in the mod that causes it, but I have failed to figure out what it is. We used the same server last year, and there were no problems with that mod, so it's likely something in the new mod definitions. There are very few conceptual differences between the vehicle definitions in the two mods, the biggest one being an upgrade class we added this year. I'm going to remove it and see if the problem persists.

After testing some more, I discovered that other mods give the same problem too, including the ISI BMW F1.08 mod. Can this be a bug in the game rather than a mod related issue?

Back