What are you looking for in the next WRC title?

Tim Wheatley

Founder
Staff member
On this day in 2019 Codemasters released DiRT Rally 2.0:

They have a five year WRC license starting this year:

Looking back on both DiRT Rally and DiRT Rally 2.0 I see a relatively accessible and believable couple of sims that I wouldn't be too disappointed to see return under WRC licensing. While I'd love to see ultra-realistic hardcore physics, I don't think we'll get them and honestly that's never been something we've seen from Codemasters on the rally side. As the spiritual successor to Colin McRae in many ways, the WRC title needs, for me, to include real world stages of potentially properly length. I don't care about team management, all that stuff, I just want a good challenge of stage length.

What are you looking for?

Hard to say really, I'd simply like an rally game in the style of Assetto Corsa tbh, Heavily moddable with an decent engine and possibly an large dev content. Content ranging from Full Group B era cars (including those that never got raced) to todays era, Including stages.
Did not mind the team management stuff for Dirt 2 but i also barely took use of it other than putting the cheapest people i could find on the team.
As someone who has gone trough and played old rally games over the years stuff like Ralli Sport Challenge, RBR & Sega rally is stuff i personally want back. as they all offer interesting stuff to the players.

That’s a really great answer. Modding is something I hadn’t even thought about… but think where rally sims would be today if RBR wasn’t moddable!

I’m the same with the team stuff. It’s nice but, let me drive, put the effort of development into that at first. They could add team stuff in a few years.

Back