What's the best graphic card for rFactor 2?

Tomy

Hello, can anyone tell me what GPU works best with rFactor 2 beta, please?

AMD HD7970 vs NVIDIA GTX680

Right now, does anyone know if the game supports SLI/CrossFireX?

THX!

From what I hear the Nvidea users are claiming performance and graphics/looks. I can't comment on the sli crossfire. Check out the rFactor2 forums, there is plenty of info there on graphics cards and such.

I play rFactor 2 at 1600x1200 with full options (HDR on and AA level 7) with a two years old GTX275 and a E7200 2.53@3.8 GHz. :)

I have an ATI 5950 HD, the one with 6 outputs, 6gb ram, ssd, i7 3.4 ghz, outputting on 3 monitors. The game looked like it was early PS2 graphics. I did some googling, found that there are some pre-certified drivers, i got those. Game now looks incredible but runs choppy. I cant believe that this card that does 6 outputs is having issues with this game. Just an upgrade of drivers made the game go from crap to gorgeous. I want to wait until the game is out before leaping to buy a card because im sure things will change (in terms of compatibility also prices of cards) but I want to play now! haha someone help me!

with the budget you have go for a Nvidia 680, you won't be disapointed ;)

Unbelievable how pretty much every thread has to turn into a slinging match.

Tomy, at this stage of release the graphic enhancements for RF2 are yet to be implemented. Either ATI or nVidia will do a great job when these enhancements are put in place, and any difference in end result, between the two should be minimal. Buy whatever you are comfortable with, although it would be hard to go past the GTX680 (No nVidia fanbois here I have an ATI HD 6950).

Although, I'm pretty keen on the EVGA GTX560 Ti 2Win, which is a dual GPU card that appears to be out performing everything except the GTX590 and HD6990 (both also dual GPU).

I have switched from Asus ENGTX295 to Asus ENGTX680-2GD5
I have never buy AMD/ATI.

Asus ENGTX680 is very good, and silent!
You can easily play rF2 with full opt-in without one lagg

You should have understood that my comment was to confirm that Nvidia runs well rFactor 2. Open your mind and shut your mouth.
Or maybe he shouldn't have understood? Maybe he's a human being and should be spoken to like one, by one.

I understood Tim.

He was not looking for opinions from owners of "old" cards.

Hello, can anyone tell me what GPU works best with rFactor 2 beta, please?

AMD HD7970 vs NVIDIA GTX680

Right now, does anyone know if the game supports SLI/CrossFireX?

THX!
I run rf2 with a 7970 on 3 x 24" @5760 x 1080 and it goes very well.

I also run the superior AMD cpu :p

560ti nivida or wait till full release b4 buying a better card than the 560ti.... i run 2x 560ti 3 screens and no probs getting better all the time with rf2. but would wait till full release if i was updating

Nvidia cards seem to run RF2 at better FPS than AMD cards.

I'm running 2 x HD5970's in Crossfire, RF2 doesn't yet support SLI or Crossfire based cards but will do eventually.

My advice is to go for the Nvidia Card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I love the rivalry between the loyal ATI & Nvidia owners. It reminds me of AMD and INTEL owners. lol
Or Chev vs Ford.

So long as we all get to have a driving experience, thats all that matters.
Now where's my new driver.. hehehehe

Nvidia cards seem to run RF2 at better FPS than AMD cards.

I'm running 2 x HD5970's in Crossfire, RF2 doesn't yet support SLI or Crossfire based cards but will do eventually.

My advice is to go for the Nvidia Card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RF2 does not support sli or crossfire??????????????? proof pls

RF2 does not support sli or crossfire??????????????? proof pls

Yeah, i bet it does run under cf or sli.
RF2 wouldn't know it was how many gpu where running?
I'm going to give it a test on monday.

can you be more specific on the drivers...im at 12.4 at the mo..
waiting for my 7970 to turn up nxt week...hope it cicks rf2s ass...

What about using nVidia quadro to run the game?
I´m using a Quadro 600 but I´m yet to find a proper setting...

With my EVGA GTX 680 the beta runs great with vsync enabled and max settings at 1920 x 1080 (never seen FPS below 60) on a 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron.

in some comparisons 2 x 560ti equals a 680. so for a 560 ti $250 that i believe will do the job standing on your head when it is fully released. mayb i might have to come eat my words but i don't believe i will.

I can only speak for gtx680 sli and cannot recommend it yet.
Right now a second gtx680 will decrease your performance by 10-20% and adds some stuttering.

There are some dirty hacks with lower detail settings which helps, but i dont see a normal way to benefit from nvidia sli yet.
I gain the most performance while disabling the sli for rf2 using nvinspector.

Back