Where are my screenshots?

[NAR]Steve

I tried taking a few screenshots today on my Win 7 home premium 64 bit RF install, and they are NOT in the screenshot folder. Any idea where they might be? I have looked all over trying to find a "User Data" folder somewhere else on my machine, but can't find one except the one in my RF folder. They USED to work, but now no screenshots are saving anywhere that I can find.

Some mods use a custom location. Look at the RFM and it should tell you if they are moved elsewhere.

Thanks for the reply, but I checked the RFM and it showed saving them to the UserData/Screenshots folder... It must be something else, and I have tried with several mods with the same result...very odd

You haven't assigned the command key to something else by accident? Worth a look to see if there is a key still assigned.

one thing that affects this is if you are running rfactor windowed the screenshots will not save, just a thought.

It still makes the "shutter" sound when I press F12, so I do not think I changed it, but I will look, and I am not running in windowed mode either, this has me really baffled !!

You might have UAC turned on, your photos are being saved in a hidden folder, enable hidden folders then check here C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files (x86)\rFactor\UserData

Worth a check.

Not there either, haha, UAC was off anyway... I have no idea where they are, OR if they're being saved at all....I'll just have to use my XP install to save screenies I guess...

Hello Steve
How are you
Don't have win 7
But remember you have to run it (RF) as admin for creating users and stuff so that might be the problem.
Also Rf makes a sound when you are creating a screenshot and saving it are you hearing that sound. ?

I use Hoversnap to make screenshots and it works great.

GL
Ruben M.

Hiya Ruben !! yeah, I hear the sound, and I USED to get screenshots, but all of a sudden they're not saving anymore. I am running RF as administrator, doing everything right, just not getting screenshots !! haha. I can always start FRAPS I guess and save them that way....

normally i don't take screenshots, instead i press "Print Screen" then alt/esc to the desktop and paste to Photoshop or msPaint and save.

i'm on vista, i only have one profile, Administrator.
with windowed mode ON, theres a shutter click sound but no file created.
in full screen it's saving a file to Screenshots folder, as: GRAB_000.jpg (.plr default may be .bmp or other) the stoopid windows search won't locate the file.

hopefully some useful info there.

I am also not in windowed mode....I guess some mysteries are not meant to be solved...:confused:

I found the screen shots!

You might have UAC turned on, your photos are being saved in a hidden folder, enable hidden folders then check here C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files (x86)\rFactor\UserData

Worth a check.

This is where I found them. Thank you.

Back