Where's auto-lift gone?

DavidG

I have a problem with my legs and have to try not to work them too much. Blipping and lifting on gear changes is a major cause of my difficulties, but I’m desperate not to use auto-gear changing, as it detracts so much from the driving experience. Where possible, therefore, I select the auto-lift and auto-blip options and continue to change gear manually. For some reason though, rFactor will no longer auto-lift. It isn’t a mod specific problem; auto-lift won’t work on any cars, even the ISI ones. This started some time ago and I put it down to some change that I must have inadvertently made, although I could never find what this was. However, following a major computer upgrade, including a move to Windows 7 64-bit, I have reinstalled rFactor (v1255) on a clean drive, with no add-ons and a freshly created driver and it’s still not auto-lifting. Maybe I missed something in one of the updates and the function has been disabled, but, if not, does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening and, more importantly, how I get auto-lift back? Auto-blip works and, curiously, auto-lift is working in the Simbin games, despite it being an undocumented feature. And, before anyone suggests it, I did remember to set the option in the .plr file!

What is the location of your .plr file? Standard users have no write permission on windows system folders like ""programms,etc." since windows vista. Maybe the file you have to edit is in your "documents"-folder.

This might be a short and boring answer but, go into your driver folder (rFactor\UserData\DavidG for example) and locate the .plr file which has the sam name as your drivers name. Open the .plr with notepad and under [ DRIVING AIDS ] there is Auto Lift="0", change the value from 0 to 1. I do this some times when some mods turn on auto blip.

Oups!! Forgot to read the last sentence (very tired today) sorry! I agree with what Tosch says but also some mods may overwrite your .plr whenever they are in use, however Im no expert on this.

You can edit such files anywhere they may be, both in Vista & Win7. Just open a suitable text editor with Administrator privileges (right click > "Run As Administrator") and edit at will.

Cheers
expdom

Last edited:
The following lines in the car mods .hdv file (or upgrade file) determine what, if any, throttle blip can occurr.

[DRIVELINE]
SemiAutomatic=0 //0=no or 1=yes
UpshiftDelay=0.01 //in seconds
UpshiftClutchTime=0.01 //in seconds
UpshiftLiftThrottle=0 //fraction of 1 (example 0.39)
DownshiftDelay=0.01 //in seconds
DownshiftClutchTime=0.01 //in seconds
DownshiftBlipThrottle=0 //fraction of 1 (example 0.39) amount of throttle used to blip if controlled by game (instead of player)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I’ve actually found the problem and it’s not the game, it’s me! I’ve been a complete idiot and totally misunderstood how the option was functioning. I’ve now got it sorted, although it isn’t working quite how I would like. Sorry for troubling you all.

Back