Which mods are you using?

B1onicman

Hey, guys. I'm new here. I had never heard of rFactor until now. Seeing as how I love sim racing games, yeah, even I find it amusing. I'll be downloading the trial version in a few minutes.

I understand that this game features a lot of mods and after seeing the vast number of them, I'm over-whelmed. So, rather than asking for help in which mods to choose, I feel it's better if I ask you guys which mods you're using. So, go ahead and list them.

Cheers.

Hey, guys. I'm new here. I had never heard of rFactor until now. Seeing as how I love sim racing games, yeah, even I find it amusing. I'll be downloading the trial version in a few minutes.

I understand that this game features a lot of mods and after seeing the vast number of them, I'm over-whelmed. So, rather than asking for help in which mods to choose, I feel it's better if I ask you guys which mods you're using. So, go ahead and list them.

Cheers.

Rfactor 1- Endurance Series or FIA GT3---Great Sim
Rfactor 2- 370Z--If the G27 Rattling isnt fixed then I will have to shelve it....
Race07- Race On--I have every addon but not alot of online racing with extra mods.
Game Stock CAR- Bought it and played it 2 times---Yeah Rfactor 1 rolled up into another name....
F1 2010/11- eghh

Overall Rfactor 1 is the Most playable sim to Date for me, But as stated above if RF2 Cant and or Wont fix the rattling issue then I forsee alot of racers moving on IMO..

What type of Racing are you looking for Tin Tops, Open Wheel, Off road??

Last edited:
Well, these are the racing sim games that I own...

1. Mobil 1 British Rally Championship
2. Sports Car GT
3. Richard Burns Rally
4. F1 2000, '02, 2011
5. FIA GTR 2
6. GT Legends
7. GTR Evolution
8. Race Injection
9. Colin McRae Rally and '04
10. FIA WRC 2
Some of those games aren't exactly sim games but I grouped them together so as to not to mix the likes of Dirt, Shift and Grid series in with the above list.

So, as you can see, I love sim racing regardless of the nature. My net ran into bandwidth limit and I just got done downloading the trial version of rFactor and haven't even installed yet. So, any mod that deals with realistic portrayal of rallying, GT, F1 and possibly old GT cars on real-life tracks is all I'm looking for.

I have been using rf1 for ~3years, with a month pauses here and there and these are the mods that I grown to like the most:
1)historx 1.9 - tons of old touring cars
2)enduracers - modern GT1+2, LMP1+2
3)VLN2007 - GT series with many different classes cars that race on nordschleife in real life
4)DRM Revival 2
5)Formula Nippon - great openwheeler

Purely BTW, there will soon be 100 000 posts on this forum!

I mostly run Historix.

Edit: And if u like GPL then u must try rf2 historic formula cars. They are amazing.

Bionic Man.
Rfactor is awesome. Some tips from someone who is only about 6 months ahead of you in the learning curve.

1) Progression: Drop all assists and progress from slowest to fastest cars. Using assists just teaches you stuff you will need to unlearn which is not easy. EG The developer has a lovely progression for you in OWC (Open Wheeler Challenge) from R Factor Trainer, to advanced trainer to F3 to F1. Each step along the way teaches you new skills in setup, car control, strategy etc etc. Its a great way to do it. I tried the F1 cars early and was 15 sec a lap off the AI pace. I went back to school and now having done it the way the developer planned I can now race well with the AI and set fastest race laps. Enjoy the journey.
2) Setups: huge topic, start small a bit like the above. Early on biggest gains come from gearing, then camber then springs. search for Ramon Van Rijns setup guide.
3) Plugins; The FFB thread in this forum has all the essential tips to get great FFB. Get real feel and Leos FFB, they are great.
4) Racing vs managing mods: There is no end to the mods. Decide first what types of cars you want to race then get them and race, you can otherwise get stuck in a cycle of a new mod each week that you dont fully exploit. So far I have spent much time racing on the standard career progression in-game in tin tops and open wheelers. BTW the F3 is ace.
5) Mods I like best so far. World touring masters; F1SR F1 mod and F2 mod, historx 1.9 mod. In both these tin top mods the cars are so different that you could drive for a year to fully enjoy each one.
6) Other tips: Play with time scaling, overnight races are fun. play with tyre and fuel scaling, pit stops strategy is fun. Manage AI pace so that you can race with them but not thrash them. A little stretch will keep you looking for more and there are many seconds to find. Use seat height and fore aft to get your preferred view, use launch control to mix it with AI at starts.
enjoy

install 1 :
DRM
FVR V8s
ORSM V8s
BTCC 09

Install 2:
Endu racers
SCC

Install 3:
F1 37
F1 66