Why is is so many servers that not work that been showed in server list ?

Tripp

Why is is so many servers that not work that been showed in server list ?
i not use rfactor server spy so much but today i start it and suprise when i saw over 200 servers that not can be joined that have 18/15 24/155 24/15 77/78 drivers and all is red
is it old servers that maybe mess up serverlist in rfactor the list maybe need a good
refresh ? because this year i need update serverlist more often to see servers i shall join then 1 year back this maybe shall be a question to the one that can refresh serverlist take out all servers that is shown and not should be in list ? i have no clue i just say what i found i post a pic of some servers can not show all servers in one pic .

That's cause server spy saves a log and when you first install it, it comes with one of those saved logs. So what your seeing is what was saved around about the day server spy was released. You need to update it. The idea behind saving the log is so you can still connect with ease when racecast is down.

Sorry to "revive" this old thread but I can't manage to use rfator server spy and I'd really like to.

Often when I try to update server list I get a message (bottom left) saying "couldn't retrieve server list" and no servers are shown.

Sometimes the program does show a server list; however, 487 servers are shown (obviously wrong) and many servers that I know of are not listed. Maybe it is an old list of servers and for some reason the software is not gathering an updated list?

Oh, never mind. I just went testing now and I get one of two error messages: "Runtime error '5'" or, if I run as admin (win7), a "Runtime error '339': Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered".

I think I should just indeed give up.

Back