Why our new server have less max players?

fastorro

Last years we have this server in OVH:
Product: OVH SuperBestOf 2008
Code:
CPU: Intel Xeon 3075 2.66Ghz - Passmark: 1700pts
RAM: 4GB DDR2
HD: 750GB
LAN: 100Mbits
SO: Windows Server 2003 Web Edition
Máx concurrent players: 52(Mod Historics v1.01)

Now we have this:
Kemsirve 24G - http://www.kemsirve.es/
Code:
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.67Ghz - Passmark: 5500pts
RAM: 24GB DDR3
HD: 1TB
LAN: 100Mbits
SO: Windows Server 2008 R2 Web Edition
Máx concurrent players: 30 (Mod Historics v1.9)

¿Whyyyyyy?
When we reach "limit" there are disconnect / rfactor chrases indivdually.

Explain me your specs/provider/ max player if you can allocate > 40 players in one dedicated server please

As note: We yesterday play in two dedicated rf servers both up in our windows server with 22 and 18 playes each one.

Last edited:
I see no reason for the hardware, but you make a test with a different version of mod 1.01 versus 1.9, make the test with the same version of mod.

Do you set in the rFactor server shortcut the maxplayers limit to 80 for example? (because by default the max player on a server is limited).

Yes, max_player established to 60.

And at past month we play in other commumtity that he have same our old server than us and we have 37 without problems with HX1.9

5th july we will have another race and we test with other mod 'F1 1985' , 52 signups glups

Be sure there is no spectator, because each spectator use 1 slot.

There arent spectators and its no be the problem, game crashes any driver past limit, same occurs us when we passed in past to 52players

There arent spectators and its no be the problem, game crashes any driver past limit, same occurs us when we passed in past to 52players
We get something like this, and we think it was linked to the number of pit/pitgroup on track. Do you test with the same track?

Same track & same mod no. But last year we play without problem at VLM Lemans 1977 with 36 cars in the wsc70 mod.

I think that the problem its limit by hardware with simultaneous threads in one process.
Intel core i7 920 worst than xeon 4years old

Fastorro:

You might want to go and check the mod.ini that is created in the dedicated server folder.

example:

//[[gMa1.002f (c)2007 ]] [[ ]]
//
// Dedicated Server configuration file
//

// Note: most settings are now using the regular player file variables where available. Other variables
// including LessenRestrictions, Password, and driving aids are now in the multiplayer.ini file.
[SETTINGS]
MaxClients=42 // use this variable or the commandline option "+maxplayers <X>" only if you need to override the multiplayer.ini variable "Max MP Players"

// Available track list depends on the track filter in the RFM file.
// See comments for chat command to load a specific track directly.
[TRACKS]
Detroit //callvote event Detroit

Dave

Back