Wind sound increase

Raintyre

Rfactor inside wind sound grows with speed. Obviously this would be correct. However, wind sound stops increasing on certain speed. Furthermore the speed at which wind sound stops increasing is different depending on the car.
For example, there are cars where wind volume is constant from 200kph, and there are cars where wind volume is constant from 270kph.
Why is this difference? Is depending on power, drag, gear ratio..?
Is it possible to set wind sound volume always linear with speed, or to change the "speed limiter" for its increasing?
What would be the code to enter at sfx file?

Thank you!

Well personally I'm not finding much in the sfx files. It's possible the game is working out the likely maximum speed and basing it on that, but that's obviously just a guess.

Who wants to hear the wind? I want to hear the engine ;)

But i also have no idea how the sound of the wind is defined.

Well, wind sound improves speed feeling, inmertion, helps to wrap engine sound.. anyway it is the realistic thing, especially for regular touring cars whose engines are not very noisy.

Now i see the difference is not because of any car characteristic. It depends on volume multiplier used on sfx file. When I use 3.0 multiplier the sound stops growing before than when i use 2.0. I guess it is because there is a maximum, so the higher the multiplier, the sooner reaches the maximum. But i would like to set it freely, without a maximum, because i need more!! :mad:

And the same thing happens with road surface sound...

And to go the other way, to set the engine sounds to a lower level, that the wind/road-surface sound gets louder relatively, don't help?

Yes, that works,.. but requires much more time and needs to be done carefully to respect proportions.
Thanks for replying

Back