Windowed Resolution

4D!0z

Hello guys,

i want to know how i can change the resolution in windowed mode?
My intention is that i can play the game in 1920x1010 or something like that. Because in the windowed reso (1920x1038) the topbar (or whatever it is called) of the window must be fully visible. Effect: I can't see the last menu item and i dont know if "damage repair" is on or off.

Some ideas:

• I tried to set the "MaximumVidRes" like "=(1920, 1000)" in the config file, but it doesnt work -.-' And i saw that there is "VideoMode=36", so i am afraid that its impossible to start in custom resos.
  • The other thing is, that i have an Be.HexEditor and if some tell me the data which need to be changed, i could set the video mode 800x600b16 to 1920x1000 b32 :D
  • Maybe i can change the reso with an order in the shortcut. I remember me that it works in Battlefield 2. But i dont know the syntax or if its possible.
    unbenanntz8sk.jpg

I have some ideas and aproaches, but nothing what work :(

I hope somebody is here u can help me, thank you in advance!http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/advance!.html

in rfconfig set same config as your screen have i see you wanna use window mode and then you not see to repair damage same for me i have no fix for that it maybe help if you config lower setting then your screen allow ?
in rf config exe ?

@mianiak/ u can't customize the resolution, u only can choose one of predefined options...

@Tripp/ of course i can change the reso to 1600x900, but thats not the question because its to small for me. And i use so many in the background or chatboxes, that it sucks so much if u change with ALT+TAB and the game crashes.

In the F1 series of our "F1cs" League ("F1 Championchip"; we have DTM series too) the DRS & KERS only work when rFactor is windowed (cause of a tool or something dont know). But they could need it too, to crop the y-axe by 30 or 40 pixel

DSR & Kers only can be work when use windows mode then maybe members have a solution to this windows mode thing if they must have DSR and KERS thing or not use repair let game do repair if you not see it .
i think members use that mod kers and stuff have a better soultions for this problem.

DSR & Kers only can be work when use windows mode then maybe members have a solution to this windows mode thing if they must have DSR and KERS thing or not use repair let game do repair if you not see it .
i think members use that mod kers and stuff have a better soultions for this problem.

I am Member of F1cs...but they dont know a technical solution for that.
And the best solution would be to customize the resolution.

ok weel i can test it if i figure out how i write back what is needed rfactor windows mode and how much pixels you must have to see DRS and kers ? the DRS & KERS program you must set to allow stay on top you have dowmload link to that prg o i can test
if i can set program to stay on top is the easiest fix

ok i found the solutions now it is s small tiny exe called Deskpins http://users.forthnet.gr/pat/efotinis/programs/files/DeskPins130.zip you do the normal stuff just press a key Deskpins is layin in task bar start the program you use kers with then rfactor lay the kers prg on screen so it not is in whay when you drive then klick deskpin and set it to the program you wanna have in top worked for me anyway when i test it with rF_HighVoltage 0.9.1 public beta http://www.simsync.de/download.php?view.171 it work also when you not use window mode ;) but you not see DRS KERS program then in rfactor window but key is working as it should was little hard to config how rF_HighVoltage ork i need add text in the rfm file that makes a missmatch to drivers not have same rfm

Sorry i am not allowed to give u our modification. There are only 2 or 3 leagues who have a KERS & DRS System.
But thanks for your answer, this should be interesting for the F1 Member^^

There should be possibility to add custom resolution to gfx drivers. At least nVidia gives such possibility. After that, new resolution will appear in rf config.

Big Thx MaXyM

Hey thanks, i've forgotten this option :D
Here how to use under AMDs (ATI) Catalyst Control Center:

Thanks Guys :D

Back