Working Link to download Kangaloosh's Car Factory?

Roadblock

Anyone know where I can find this tool? All of the download links I can locate seem to be dead ;(.

Yes, i know where....here on my computer :D.

Unbelievable but i really have the Version 1.8.2.

I've just uploaded it and you can download it HERE now.

Have fun.

No problem, if i can help out, i'll do.

It seems that you are interested in rFcator physics/structures....

Maybe THIS Site is interesting for you too.

don't take everything carfactory says as holy grail ;)

for certain things it works well, for other...mmmm :D

No problem, if i can help out, i'll do.

It seems that you are interested in rFcator physics/structures....

Maybe THIS Site is interesting for you too.

Indeed I am! Thanks for the link!

I've been playing around with a few different IndyCar mods, and all of them seem to have a few problems. The 1998 version, IMO, the speedway wings used at Indy aren't generating enough downforce, even the AI can't get around the track in less than something like 41 seconds. In the 1995 version, the cars all hit the brakes and drop 20-30 mph at the kink on Road America (which the '98 cars don't), but I followed Indycar quite closely back in the early-mid 90s, and I vividly remember the '94 and '95 races at Elhkart Lake, and the cars were hitting 200mph (at least Villeneuve's car was). I think the issue in both these cases is downforce, so I've been reading up on the aero physics for rFactor, and making some tweaks.

I am a professional software developer by day, and considered whipping up a very simple program for my own use to parse the files and do the calculations for drag and downforce, but it seems Kangaloosh has already done it with his tool (but, it does seem to have some problems, and the error handling is poor, at best).

Like silente said before "don't take everything carfactory says as holy grail".

I think there is no perfect tool available for all the different settings in rfactor-files.
And i think it is sometimes caused by the not complete information from ISI, what some entries really effect and in which way.

Like silente said before "don't take everything carfactory says as holy grail".

I think there is no perfect tool available for all the different settings in rfactor-files.
And i think it is sometimes caused by the not complete information from ISI, what some entries really effect and in which way.

Will do. Actually, I can't even open any of the cars in the 1995 IndyCar mod, it gives an error about a duplicate key (I have an idea what this may be, but I need to whip up a little script to test and try to fix it)

Kangaloosh seems not to work properly. Always get an error message that carFactory cannot connect to server although firewall is open (or totally disabled). Any help is appreciated.

P.S.: Is there another tool which supports modifying tire.tbc for rFactor.

View attachment 9705

That is the same error message I've been getting. I've had another modder check and his K! seems to work without error. I thought the problem was isolated to my system, but I guess not. By chance do you use Norton 360 for AV?

Sometimes Freeware AV-Software blocks programs too.

But notice: You'll have to UNINSTALL them, to remove the blocking.
Only deactivating don't helps!!

And another Tyre-Editor can be found here: Tyre Slip Table Maker

OK, but i've seen that you use Avira AV. If it's a full version, set the K! free in its firewall.
If you have a free version, uninstall it (just to test if that is blocking K!).

But really uninstall it, not only deactivate it, that is not enough.

Don't think that the failure has something to do with Avira Antivirus Software. I de-installed the software still the same issue.

Because the program copyright did state the year 2007 I tried to start it with Windows98 compatibility mode. And - suddenly - the program starts. But now I have the next issue. When I click on open .HDV file the application closes.

Does not start with compatibility-mode "Windows XP SP3". Only starts in Windows95 compatibility mode - but than I don't get an file open dialog when trying to open an already available car definition I'd like to modify.

View attachment 10215

Hmmm, i've just installed and tested it here again.
It runs without setting a compatibility-mode with no error.
Windows 7, 64 bit.

I didn't work with that tool, i have just put the download-link here in forum :) but i would say that there is something wrong with a suspension related entry in the hdv or pm file.
But i don't know if that tool works really properly.

Hmmm, i've just installed and tested it here again.
It runs without setting a compatibility-mode with no error.
Windows 7, 64 bit.

Did get tired about editing rFactor physics files by editor. Therefore I did give it another try. It's a new installation after removing everything from the previous installation attempt. Operating System is Windows7 64bit.

Still getting an error message
View attachment 12802

and afterwards Kangaloosh states that a site could not be accessed (did test it with Windows Firewall and Router Firewall off as well).

View attachment 12805

By the way I can access the shown internet address via my browser.

Any advise highly appreciated.

I just tried again here, but i never get the "error:0xD000003A" message.

The second message, that the location is blocked, i only get when i block Kangaloosh in my Firewall.

So i have to ask...
-How is your Windows UAC-System set?
-Do you run Kangaloosh as Administrator?
-Do you use a Freeware Anti-Virus-Software like Avira, AntiVir or similar?

-How is your Windows UAC-System set?

Settings where "Don't notify me when I make changes to Windows settings". Did turn UAC off. No difference.

-Do you run Kangaloosh as Administrator?

Yes. Tried running without admin previliges as well. No difference

-Do you use a Freeware Anti-Virus-Software like Avira, AntiVir or similar?

Using Microsoft Security Essentials. Deactivating did not change anything.

I don't know Microsoft Security Essentials and i don't want to install it here, to see if that could cause the problem.
Is there an "options - dialog" in Microsoft Security Essentials where you can grant or deny access to programs connecting to the Internet?
I'm pretty sure that something on your system is blocking the internet-access of kangaloosh.

From my experience, Kangaloosh server has unplanned downtime once in a while.
In that case your pc can connect the server after Kangaloosh server's restarting.

By the way, I have a serious trouble with carFactory.
The feature of suspension analyze doesn't work at all :(
Before reinstalling Win XP the software had worked properly for several years.
I can't get the reason why the software behavior changing with same PC hardware and OS :confused:

Is there anyone who has same experience or who keeps carFactory worked?

Update! I messaged the creator of the program, admitting how missed and unique the program is, and got an answer!
Hi Risto,

I'm Chris - and still very much involved in rFpro. I confess to being very surprised that anybody still uses this tool. Is there a forum where rFactor Vehicle modders congregate to discuss these issues?

I have not touched the code for 9 years, but if I can find that there is a reasonable number of people making good use of the tool for the benefit of the community then I would take a look.

Kind regards,

Chris

Chris Hoyle
Technical Director
rFPro

So if after years of having lost hope there are people still in need of the program and its capabilities, show support and post here!

Back