Anyone having as much fun as me with 1937 f1?

Kknorpp001

Sorry just can't help myself. This is such a great mod to try to tackle. So rewarding if put just a few hours in. Try it at Lientz gp long. Epic!

No need to apologise for liking a brilliantly made Mod for rF1.

I grabbed it as soon as it was released.. after waiting and waiting for it.. and knowing it would be something pretty damn special. First drive was in the Auto Union, where I spent half an hour or so tweaking it and learning how to drive it around Goodwood until I could do a half decent lap...

Next I tried out some of the other cars.. and had a hard time with them.. so I must need to spend equal time to learn them also. Grabbed the Bugatti update when it was ready.. and need to spend time on that too ;)

I don't think a lot of people are interested in these cars, to be honest. I love them, but I love many historic tin-top and open wheel mods in rF1. Remembering how hard they are to master makes it easier to understand why there isn't a lot of use with this mod.

I look forward to the next update to the Mod, which should fix the one or two small issues.. like the view when driving the ERA cars.. although it looks brilliant when flying out the car off Brookland's banking :cool:

Last edited:
No need to apologise for liking a brilliantly made Mod for rF1.

I grabbed it as soon as it was released.. after waiting and waiting for it.. and knowing it would be something pretty damn special. First drive was in the Auto Union, where I spent half an hour or so tweaking it and learning how to drive it around Goodwood until I could do a half decent lap...

Next I tried out some of the other cars.. and had a hard time with them.. so I must need to spend equal time to learn them also. Grabbed the Bugatti update when it was ready.. and need to spend time on that too ;)

I don't think a lot of people are interested in these cars, to be honest. I love them, but I love many historic tin-top and open wheel mods in rF1. Remembering how hard they are to master makes it easier to understand why there isn't a lot of use with this mod.

I look forward to the next update to the Mod, which should fix the one or two small issues.. like the view when driving the ERA cars.. although it looks brilliant when flying out the car off Brookland's banking :cool:

Well at least I'm mot completely alone :)

Great driving btw!

I started with the alfa romeo and got addicted to that quickly. I also like the auto union but others I will have to work on. The Mercedes is nuts!

Well too bad not the most popular mod in rf1 but AI is fun so not a problem. I'll have to keep a lookout for the updates.

Glad you like our work..
I just made a vid showing cars on Salzburgring. Although modern track, its very nice for these cars with those long straights.

But as ORA-Oldie says many people will never try this mod, or try it and quickly forget about it because its hard to drive.

I knew this is how its gonna be, that most people will stick with modern GTs and other cars with tons of grip, but even if nobody else would play it, we would the mod with joy anyway because we actually love this insane period.

For those interested, check this site I advertise everywhere. There is fantastic info about the cars, drivers, tracks, even laptimes and so on.http://www.kolumbus.fi/leif.snellman/main.htm

Ive spent many many hours reading through it.

Last edited:
This thread got me going again with the Mod.. tried each of the Bugatti versions... and they all feel different, brilliant.

Then jumped in the Mercedes, with it's wheelspinning joy.. and then remembered these cars had a throttle-pedal operated supercharger, so to engage the supercharger you had to floor the throttle. Simple, but very effective.. and a heap of fun to drive in a simulation.

I tested on 60's Hockenheim.. good fun and massive top speeds !!

Glad you like our work..
I just made a vid showing cars on Salzburgring. Although modern track, its very nice for these cars with those long straights.

But as ORA-Oldie says many people will never try this mod, or try it and quickly forget about it because its hard to drive.

I knew this is how its gonna be, that most people will stick with modern GTs and other cars with tons of grip, but even if nobody else would play it, we would the mod with joy anyway because we actually love this insane period.

For those interested, check this site I advertise everywhere. There is fantastic info about the cars, drivers, tracks, even laptimes and so on.http://www.kolumbus.fi/leif.snellman/main.htm

Ive spent many many hours reading through it.

Thanks for the track recommendation and the site link. I actually started researching these cars today b/c of your great mod. Had an absolutely epic race at Lientz today I just had to share so this is my racing video debut in 3 parts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5jc2GP7RG0

This thread got me going again with the Mod.. tried each of the Bugatti versions... and they all feel different, brilliant.

Then jumped in the Mercedes, with it's wheelspinning joy.. and then remembered these cars had a throttle-pedal operated supercharger, so to engage the supercharger you had to floor the throttle. Simple, but very effective.. and a heap of fun to drive in a simulation.

I tested on 60's Hockenheim.. good fun and massive top speeds !!

Just one of the many great things about these cars is how challenging they are to drive straight! I LOVE that! I normally hate driving straight so these cars make ANY track fun IMO!!!

Guys...

I`ve kind of neglected poor rf since rf2 came along. Just having so much good driving with rf2 atm...

Anyway I`m going to fire up rf again for a blast and I`d very much like to try this mod but the only links I can find to download it are taking 8 hrs or longer to download... :(

Anyone maybe have a link to download that would be a bit quicker?

I remember how much I was looking forward to this when I first heard about it... looks fantastic and very well done from what I`ve seen and sounds fantastic!

Any help will be appreciated. :)

Excellent... I`ll give drivingitalia a go.

Many thanks osella and I`m sure I`ll have loads of fun. :)

Yay!

Got it downloaded in 6 mins osella. :)

Congrats on the 10k total downloads too...

;)

Fantastic Work. Looking forward to hours of fun with this mod. Thanks for all your hard work.

Just beat 9 AI at 105% strength at Lientz GP long. That's good enough for me so on to the next track and I'm going to try Salzburgring as recommended. No one hosting a server with this mod? I did do a race with this when the mod first came out but don't remember who that was?

Osella, any tips on where to get Bugatti WIP? Tried from driving italia but the download link just takes me to a forum thread so any help much appreciated. This mod alone makes me want to learn how to setup a server.

The bugatti has nothing to do with our team so no idea.
Setting up a rf server is super easy, the only problem can be in your firewall/isp blocking others from seeing your server. You'll probably need to setup few ports.
Those who download the mod for first time, you might want to have the static cams patch too they are bit crazy by default.

Got this mod downloaded and installed last night but only had time for a very quick test...

Got to say it`s quite a blast and quite difficult to get to grips with but I shall persist for sure and get some screens done...

Will get that static cams patch too.

Thanks again osella. :)

Tried the bugatti now.
The model is converted from Simraceway. Fortunately the person who did this addon didnt make his own crappy physics, he just took maseratis physics and maserati sounds. The model is unoptimized for rfactor, with 20 bugattis FPS in pits dropped to 15 on my system, which runs pcars/rf2 on high/ultra at 45+fps lol. And its not a 1937 car, its 1931.

But I'm generally very open minded on whatever people like to drive, and both graphically and speed-wise it fits the mod OK so why not drive it.
I just really hope nobody is going to distribute the mod with the bugatti included as if it was created by us and if simraceway devs start to yell (unlikely though) its not our problem..

Tried the bugatti now.
The model is converted from Simraceway. Fortunately the person who did this addon didnt make his own crappy physics, he just took maseratis physics and maserati sounds. The model is unoptimized for rfactor, with 20 bugattis FPS in pits dropped to 15 on my system, which runs pcars/rf2 on high/ultra at 45+fps lol. And its not a 1937 car, its 1931.

But I'm generally very open minded on whatever people like to drive, and both graphically and speed-wise it fits the mod OK so why not drive it.
I just really hope nobody is going to distribute the mod with the bugatti included as if it was created by us and if simraceway devs start to yell (unlikely though) its not our problem..

Ahh... I didn`t realise it wasn`t an "official" addon done by you guys... I`ll give it a try though. :)

Sorry Osella, I should have stated it was not an official add-on. And I didn't notice the sounds/physics. One question, will your group be developing a Bugatti for the mod ?.. asked with fingers crossed in hope.

Don't know what you are apologizing for!
I'm actually glad I know about this addon. It's just it doesnt have own physics nor sounds so I hope people that get this car elsewhere won't think its from us.

We don't plan to add anything to the rf1 mod. But there is some chance we would do more cars for rf2 conversion but thats in a galaxy far away..

Sorry Osella, I should have stated it was not an official add-on. And I didn't notice the sounds/physics. One question, will your group be developing a Bugatti for the mod ?.. asked with fingers crossed in hope.

No worries ORA-Oldie... I just assumed it was an official add-on that`s all... was news to me it wasn`t, hence my last post. :)

Don't know what you are apologizing for!
I'm actually glad I know about this addon. It's just it doesnt have own physics nor sounds so I hope people that get this car elsewhere won't think its from us.

We don't plan to add anything to the rf1 mod. But there is some chance we would do more cars for rf2 conversion but thats in a galaxy far away..

This mod rocks in rf but I`m already imagining how it would be if it came along for rf2...

:cool:

This mod rocks in rf but I`m already imagining how it would be if it came along for rf2...

:cool:

My thoughts exactly... hopefully we live in the same galaxy far away..

I spent more time last night running around (and crashing) on Brooklands Outer. The cars become massively unbalanced on the undulations, which makes for a heap of fun trying to get them straightened up again to power on.. awesome fun.

Finally got my rf2 host 60s f1 host working. Now working on hosting this mod for rf1 and I think I have it working but need someone to test. The game name is 1937 f1 and track in Lientz gp long. Technically inaccurate I know. Please test 4 me to see if you can connect.

Back