Connection lost

MATTEW1

Boys are unique in the world when playing online this game falls on the line? only with this game with others .. I do not ever happens.. I participate in a league where the line falls systematically me .. I also changed router but nothing .. I aruba 7 mega fast.
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/immaginetd.png/

Bee, or Jeremy if you read.

Mattew posted his issue in an italian forum and i adviced him to post here becouse i have no clear what is happening.

Mattew is using the DVD version of rF.
He suffers frequent discos from his league server.

His conn looks stable in other online games.

Mattew has a router and when he is disco from the server, he gets a "!" in the command bar, close to the OS clock, but the router still has the conn light like he was connected to the web.

Any idea or clue about the reason of the issue?
Any help is appreciated :)

Have you tried bypassing the router and going directly through the modem or is it one of those combo models?

Translation in italian for Mattew if he is not confident with the english language:

prova a bypassare il router connettendo direttamente il PC al modem, se router/modem non sono un unico hardware.

Thanks Bee for your interest :)

I had the netgeart 834gt and now I got the TP-Link TD-W8960N. I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SET MODEM ONLY KNOW TO HELP ME?
Translation in italian for angelo
i avevo il netgeart 834gt e ora ho preso il TP-Link TD-W8960N .NON SO COME SI IMPOSTA SOLO MODEM MI SAPETE AIUTARE?

Just plug with a cable the PC (via USB port or whatever is the socket of your net card) to the modem, then connect the modem to the internet socket.

Semplicemente prova a connettere il PC, con un cavo adatto, al modem, e il modem alla rete.

Quanto suggerisce Bee è per provare ad isolare il problema ... se il collegamento PC--->modem--->rete risolve le disconnessioni, è ragionevole pensare che la colpa sia del router.

I did not understand .. so should I buy a modem? because I now I have connected with a cable to the PC etherneth tp link .. .. that is normally... not see what you mean angelo?
italiano:non ho capito..quindi dovrei comprare un modem?perchè io ora ho collegato con un cavo etherneth il pc al tp link ..cioè normalmente ..non capisco cosa intendi angelo

Quindi modem e router sono un unico hardware, niente.
L'idea di Bee era possible solo se avevi un router fisico e un modem fisico, cioè due pezzi separati.

Bee, the router and the modem are in combo, no way to try your suggestion without to buy a modem.

1. Is there a message prior to getting disconnected? (e.g. "Performance", or "Lost Connection")

2. Does this happen during a race or shortly after connecting to the server?

In the italian forum Mattew wrote the message is "connection lost".

I asked him if his rF is original, and he told me yes, DVD version.

Dont know about the second question, asking him in italian.

Mattew, ti disconnetti solo in gara o sempre poco dopo che ti sei connesso, anche in pratica?

It also happens when i train with one or two drivers that I pratica.Anche disconnects after 5 minutes ... sometimes spend 30 minutes is not a constant thing .. as in which I participate in the league right now is still in the race happened .
Add one thing that could be utile.Sono went to Control Panel / System Advanced system settings / device manager and I tried my network card is called Realtek GbE PCIe controller family and was active in the power option (to allow computer to turn off this device to save power) so I thought the exclamation point on monitors near the clock when I lose the connection but my router says that the line is still there because the light stays on

italiano
Capita anche quando mi alleno con uno o due piloti che mi si disconnetta in pratica.Anche a distanza di 5 minuti...a volte passano 30 minuti non è costante come cosa..Nel campionato a cui partecipo per ora è capitato sempre in gara .
Aggiungo una cosa che potrebbe essere utile.Sono andato in pannello di controllo sistema/impostazioni avanzate sistema/gestione dispositivi e ho cercato la mia scheda di rete che si chiama realtek pcie gbe family controller ed era attiva l'opzione in risparmio energia (consenti a questo computer di spegnere il dispositivo per risparmiare energia ) per cui io ho pensato il punto esclamativo nei monitor vicino all'orologio quando perdo la connessione ma il mio router dice che la linea ce ancora visto che rimane accesa la spia

sto traducendo con google per questo riscrivo in italiano cosi angelo capisci meglio

Try using a network card instead of the onboard network card.I had trouble with the realtech losing connection until I put in a old d-link card I had.

Try using a network card instead of the onboard network card.I had trouble with the realtech losing connection until I put in a old d-link card I had.

Interesting you say that....because I had a Lynksis wired router and never had a connection lost....then my girlfriend wanted a wireless for her laptop she bought a D-Link and boom...all kinds of connection lost errors...i went and returned the D-Link to the store for a wireless Lynksis and have not had a connection lost since....If i were you I would stick to Lynksis for router companies

I never said anything about a router.

didnt say you did...my post was more of a reference to D-Link the company in general....i was making note of the Irony of your D-Link network card being the savior to your problem...and my D-link Router being the problem.

I had the same issue for a long time, 3 months of trial and error got me to phone line quality and your modem, I have old average phone lines in my area. Anyway to cut a long story short I tried a heap of different modem brands (5) and now have a Netcomm NB6Plus4W and have never had a problem since. (I have lost a little bit of download speed 4000k to 3700k but it never disconnects.) Mine too only affected rF, the rest of the net stayed up including teamspeak. This is a very fustrating problem good luck sorting it out.

so I thought the exclamation point on monitors near the clock when I lose the connection but my router says that the line is still there because the light stays on
I'm not sure exactly what your router light indicates (considering it's a combo modem/router), but most stay lit simply to indicate that there is a connection to your computer, not the internet. If there is activity over that line, the light typically blinks. So I don't know how much I would trust that light to indicate an internet connection or even that the NIC card is awake.

Try turning that option OFF so that the card doesn't turn off to save power and see if that helps.

If the connection is showing as "Connection Lost" then rfactor isn't getting any more data back from the server (AFAIK). Thus, I would suspect there is no connection to the internet at the time the connection is lost (for quite some time... whatever the time-out period is).

Mattew, breve riassunto (short recap of the posts in english language)...

-----

Kwik dice che il problema porebbe essere non nel router, ma nella scheda di rete.
Lui ha sofferto disconnessioni frequenti come te, e ha risolto usando una scheda di rete esterna anzichè la realtech interna che aveva.

-----

AUS-mONKEy dice che ha sofferto un problema come il tuo e ha risolto prendendo un Netcomm NB6Plus4W .... da quando ha questo router non si disconnette mai.

----

Bee infine dice che la luce del modem/router potrebbe indicare che il router è collegato al PC, non che è connesso alla rete.
E' una ipotesi, non una certezza, ma quando la connessione alla rete è attiva e c'è passaggio di dati, la luce dovrebbe lampeggiare.

Cmq, certamente prova a disabiliare l'opzione salva energia, per vedere se questo risolve.

Infine, il messaggio "connection lost" indica, a quanto sa, che il server non riceve più i dati quindi il sospetto è che effettivamente per qualche decina di secondi almeno il tuo modem/router si disconnetta dalla rete.

OK by next Friday I have a race on the famous championship will let you know

Nothing to do disconnects even though I removed the network adapters realtek saving energy I've created an online game to train .. So I pressed ALT + TAB to try something on the internet and saw that there was an exclamation point on the monitor and I could not navigate the end ... I had to disable and reenable the network card Realtek control panel to reactivate the Internet
translate:
Niente da fare si disconnette anche se ho tolto alla schede di rete realtek il risparmio energia Ho creato un gioco online per allenarmi .. allora ho premuto ALT + TAB per cercare qualcosa su internet e ho visto che c'era il punto esclamativo sulla monitor e non potevo navigare...Ho fondo dovuto disattivare e riattivare la scheda di rete Realtek pannello di controllo per riattivare il Internet

So you are losing the internet connection.
rFactor, by itself, cant be guilty of such behaviour.

Try again with other online games, to see if you lose the connection playing different games too.

-----

Se perdi la linea internet, non può essere colpa di rFactor in se stesso.

Prova di nuovo con altri giochi online, per vedere se perdi ancora la connessione a internet, così a seconda di cosa succede possiamo restringere la causa del problema.

I play for years to counter striker source and grid, and I is not never happened and play for hours ..

Last edited:
Sorry I tried to explain this in my last post, It only takes slight interuptions in connection to drop you out of rF, they do not seem to effect other games. I still think that it is a ADSL line quality issue and some modems deal with it better, borrow a friends modem to trial :)

Last edited:
Are you using it in wireless mode? If so, is there a way you can set up a wired connection and disable the wireless feature just to test it?

Recap in italian:

AUS-mONKEy, che aveva un problema simile al tuo, e che ha risolto solo installando un router Netcomm NB6Plus4W, pensa che le disconnessioni dipendano da micro interruzioni della tua linea internet e che alcuni router/modem possono gestire meglio la cosa, altri peggio.
Suggerisce, se puoi, di provare, senza acqustarli, diversi tipi di router finchè non ne trovi uno particolarmente stabile.

Bee suggerisce, nel caso il tuo router fosse in modalità wireless, di provare se puoi con un cavo e DISABILTANDO l'impostazione della connessione wireless dal router.

As max has mentioned. Since rFactor uses well established standards to communicate on the internet (TCP/UDP), its near impossible for us to create a bug that would cause a link layer error such as this. My only thoughts are that the router/modem cannot handle the traffic, has bad memory, or you ISP thinks the traffic is some type of malware.

Then I am desperate because I just went to the netgear 834 gt tp-link TD-W8960N I have recommended a forum.non are wirelessly, and unfortunately I do not have the chance to try other free router ... I have to wait 2 rfactor? I believe there is preposterous

Allora sono disperato perchè sono appena passato dal netgear 834 gt al tp-link TD-W8960N che mi hanno consigliato altrove.non sono in modalità wireless e putrtoppo non ho la possibilità di provare gratis altri router...dovrò aspettare rfactor 2 ? assurdo non ci voglio credere

rFactor 2 will not solve the underlying issues since rfactor itself is not the culprit, even if it works correctly with your current setup due to any minor changes in rfactor 2. You should determine the underlying cause since any other game (or application) in the future could encounter the same issue. If you can, borrow a friend's router and see if that resolves the issue. If not, I would check with your ISP to see if they are disconnecting you due to the ports used or because they are erroneously detecting rfactor traffic as some type of malware.

Thanks Jeremy for your reply.

Mattew, se il tuo nuovo router è in garanzia (in Italia la garanzia vale due anni per legge) puoi parlare con il venditore ... in genere sostituiscono il pezzo.

Potresti anche chiedere alla società che ti fornisce l'ADSL di farti mandare un tecnico.

Le possibilità a cui pensa Jeremy (che è il programmatore ISI che si occupa del codice del multi) sono: il router fatica a maneggiare il traffico, il router ha una memoria difettosa, o il tuo fornitore interner pensa che il traffico generato da rFactor sia malware e interrompe volontariamente la connessione.
Bee aggiunge che il fornitore internet potrebbe chiudere come norma le porte usate da rFactor.

In tutti questii casi, o il venditore del router o un tecnico del fornitore ADSL potrebbero aiutarti.

Ultima cosa ... se, come dice anche Jeremy, è praticamente impossibile che la procedura usata da rFactor (una normalissima TCP/UDP) possa causare un bug tale da creare una disconnessione dalla rete, il problema molto probabilmente risiede a livello hardware o di linea ... ovvero, non è detto che rFactor2 possa risolvere.

[EDIT] Bee, i was writing and noticed your last post after i posted this, but i wrote the same things in italian :)
Also, the italian law about warranty says it lasts for two years, so may be he could contact the router dealer and asking for support.

Angelo, however, I just changed 2 dg and tp-link router and I have not solved anything ... The only thing that comes to mind is that Aruba is set in a fast low ping .. But I had already called and the technician told me that he saw no problems on the line ... Of course I only happens when I play rfactor .. I can not call him while playing xD ps I have to open any particular port on the router maybe?

Angelo però io ho appena cambiato 2 router dg e tp-link e non ho risolto niente...L'unica cosa che mi viene in mente è aruba che è settata in fast per un ping basso..Ma avevo già chiamato e il tecnico mi ha detto che non vedeva problemi alla linea...Certo mi capita solo quando gioco a rfactor..non posso chiamarlo mentre gioco xD p.s. devo aprire qualche porta particolare nel router magari?

Se non hosti no, che io sappia non devi aprire nessuna porta (ma se ti da conferma Bee è meglio), ma può capitare che la società fornitrice di internet non consenta il traffico su alcune porte, per colmo di sfortuna quelle che usa rFactor.

Io richiamerei il tecnico, non so con aruba, ma con telecom (il mio isp) l'intervento è di solito gratuito, gli spiegherei bene il problema e gli chiederei anche se il traffico su alcune porte viene impedito ... se ti dice di si, chiedi quali e riportale qui.

C'è da dire che, per rF, un ping basso cambia poco o nulla (io sono stato per mesi con un 56k e problemi zero anche collegandomi con server USA e australiani) ... chissà, magari settare la linea su normale, a prezzo di un ping poco più alto, potrebbe rendere la connessione più stabile quando il traffico è intenso e costante (come quando usi rF in rete).

capito ma purtroppo sono costretto ad utilizzare connessioni in fast per il ping visto che gioco a counter striker source

Mattew, ho editato la tua frase

the technician told me that he saw problems on the line

con

the technician told me that he saw no problems on the line

perchè suppongo che quanto hai scritto in italiano sia quello che ti ha detto il tecnico, mentre in inglese sembrava il contrario :)

I edited the previous post by Mattew adding the "no", becouse he was writing in italian the technician didnt notice issues in his connection, and i guess it was the right meaning of the english phrase.

ahhahahha si grazie sei veramente gentile..questa cosa mi sta snervando..il gioco dei miei sogni che mi rifiuta..assrudo...io penso seriamente sia aruba settata in fast...perchè 2 router su 2 mi sembra strano

E' possibile, purtroppo in questi casi si può solo fare teorie e verificarle nella pratica.

Se potessi farti cambiare l'impostazione della linea, solo per qualche giorno tanto per avere conferma o no che il problema risiede li, poi sarai tu a decidere se vale la pena di riportarla su fast o no.

The ISP did set Mattew connection to "fast", so to have a lower ping ... a guess could be the fast setting becomes less stable under heavy and constant traffic, becouse it looks a trick ... the bandwidth doesnt change, only the "speed" is changing.

here's the answer to my question if aruba Port Blocking:
Dear Customer,

when we play we never "truce" to the device, is always 100% usage and perhaps could overheat.

If you own a PDA or another PC, check if the moment does not sail over the other device does work well.

ecco la risposta di aruba alla mia domanda se bloccavano delle porte:
Gentile cliente,

quando giochiamo non diamo mai "tregua" al dispositivo, sta sempre al 100% di utilizzo e forse potrebbe surriscaldarsi.

Se possiede un palmare o un altro pc, controlli se nel momento in cui non naviga più l'altro dispositivo invece funziona bene.

think that as evidence to fit even an old network card to see if maybe that is causing problems realtek?

pensa che come prova possa andare bene anche una vecchia scheda di rete per vedere se è magari quella realtek che crea problemi?

Non capisco cosa potrebbe riscaldarsi ... il router è in noleggio presso di loro?
Cmq, se puoi, fai la prova che dicono, potrebbe aiutare a tracciare il problema.

Certo, se hai disponibilità di una qualsiasi scheda di rete esterna, provala!.

------------------

I dont understand what device the tech support is speaking, may be the router is rented by them?

Sure, if you can try a different external network card, try it.

Back